    address and other things in boxes on web pages. Specifically I want to
    delete some entries so they no longer show up.

    Newfdog

    Newfdog, Apr 25, 2005

  2. Newfdog

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Newfdog wrote:

    > In firefox is there a way to edit the information in the saved form drop
    > down boxes, the ones that show up when you begin typing in your email
    > address and other things in boxes on web pages. Specifically I want to
    > delete some entries so they no longer show up.
    >
    > Newfdog

    Since you're posting here using Thunderbird I will assume you're asking
    about Firefox. Unlike the Mozilla Suite, FF does not have a Form
    Manager. You can, however, manually edit the plain-text file in which
    the form data is stored. In the Suite it's xxxxxxxx.w, not sure but I
    think it's the same in FF.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Apr 25, 2005

  3. Newfdog

    Z Guest

    Newfdog wrote:
    > In firefox is there a way to edit the information in the saved form drop
    > down boxes, the ones that show up when you begin typing in your email
    > address and other things in boxes on web pages. Specifically I want to
    > delete some entries so they no longer show up.

    IIRC, highlight and press DELETE.

    Z, Apr 25, 2005
  4. Newfdog

    Newfdog Guest

    Z wrote:
    > Newfdog wrote:
    >
    >> In firefox is there a way to edit the information in the saved form
    >> drop down boxes, the ones that show up when you begin typing in your
    >> email address and other things in boxes on web pages. Specifically I
    >> want to delete some entries so they no longer show up.

    > IIRC, highlight and press DELETE.

    No, that doesn't work.

    Newfdog

    Newfdog, Apr 25, 2005
  5. Newfdog

    Newfdog Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Newfdog wrote:
    >
    >> In firefox is there a way to edit the information in the saved form
    >> drop down boxes, the ones that show up when you begin typing in your
    >> email address and other things in boxes on web pages. Specifically I
    >> want to delete some entries so they no longer show up.
    >>
    >> Newfdog

    > Since you're posting here using Thunderbird I will assume you're asking
    > about Firefox. Unlike the Mozilla Suite, FF does not have a Form
    > Manager. You can, however, manually edit the plain-text file in which
    > the form data is stored. In the Suite it's xxxxxxxx.w, not sure but I
    > think it's the same in FF.

    Thanks Ed...... note the second word in my post.

    Newfdog

    Newfdog, Apr 26, 2005
  6. Newfdog

    Z Guest

    Newfdog wrote:
    >> IIRC, highlight and press DELETE.

    > No, that doesn't work.

    SHIFT + DELETE.

    Z, Apr 26, 2005
  7. Newfdog

    Newfdog Guest

    Z wrote:
    > Newfdog wrote:
    >
    >>> IIRC, highlight and press DELETE.

    >> No, that doesn't work.

    > SHIFT + DELETE.

    You got it. Thanks a million.

    Newfdog

    Newfdog, Apr 26, 2005
  8. Newfdog

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Newfdog wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> Newfdog wrote:
    >>
    >>> In firefox is there a way to edit the information in the saved form
    >>> drop down boxes, the ones that show up when you begin typing in your
    >>> email address and other things in boxes on web pages. Specifically I
    >>> want to delete some entries so they no longer show up.
    >>>
    >>> Newfdog

    >> Since you're posting here using Thunderbird I will assume you're
    >> asking about Firefox. Unlike the Mozilla Suite, FF does not have a
    >> Form Manager. You can, however, manually edit the plain-text file in
    >> which the form data is stored. In the Suite it's xxxxxxxx.w, not sure
    >> but I think it's the same in FF.
    >>

    > Thanks Ed...... note the second word in my post.
    >
    > Newfdog

    Yes, and please note the huge hole in my brain. :-D Oops!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

    Ed Mullen, Apr 26, 2005
  9. Newfdog

    treubleu

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2006
    Messages:
    1

    Hi! I'm not sure where to find the plain-text file mentioned above. I did a search for "xxxxxxxx.w" - I know, a little simple minded, but I was desperate.:shock: I'm running FF 1.5. Is there a place I can go to edit the saved form data? Any help would be greatly appreciate! Thanks! :p

    treubleu, Oct 14, 2006