A Very Lucky Shot

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by M-M, Jan 9, 2013.

  1. M-M

    M-M Guest

    M-M, Jan 9, 2013

  2. M-M

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    M-M <> wrote:
    >This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
    >people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
    >
    >http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

    Nice!

    --
    Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
    pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor

    Paul Ciszek, Jan 9, 2013

  3. On 08-Jan-13 23:23, M-M wrote:
    > This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
    > people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

    The shot reminds us all of the negroes that always have their mouths
    open looking for handouts from the government. The taxpayer, especially
    the rich are getting raped by the government so lazy negroes can stay on
    foodstamps and welfare instead of working like humans.

    Kwincay Ercolinowitz, Jan 9, 2013
  4. M-M

    philo  Guest

    On 01/09/2013 07:42 AM, Kwincay Ercolinowitz wrote:

    **PLONK**

    (first one ever for this group)

    philo , Jan 9, 2013
  5. M-M

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M <> wrote:
    : This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
    : people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
    :
    : http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

    Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by
    an employee of the aquarium?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 10, 2013
  6. M-M

    M-M Guest

    In article <>,
    Robert Coe <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M <> wrote:
    > : This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
    > : people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
    > :
    > : http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg
    >
    > Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by
    > an employee of the aquarium?
    >
    > Bob

    The shot was taken from the beach. No aquarium- completely natural
    settings. I believe from the splashes in the water, that the dolphin
    flipped the fish up with his tail then caught it with his mouth.

    Quite amazing.

    --
    m-m
    Photo Gallery:

    M-M, Jan 10, 2013
  7. M-M

    M-M Guest

    In article <>,
    Robert Coe <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M <> wrote:
    > : This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
    > : people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
    > :
    > : http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg
    >
    > Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by
    > an employee of the aquarium?
    >
    > Bob

    Here is the uncropped full frame (reduced) original to show the natural
    surroundings:

    http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_8893ff.jpg

    --
    m-m
    Photo Gallery:

    M-M, Jan 10, 2013
  8. M-M

    Mort Guest

    M-M wrote:
    > This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
    > people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
    >
    > http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

    Hi,

    Yes, you were lucky, but you were also there with your camera at the
    ready. Had you had to take the camera out of your case or pocket, then
    you would have missed the shot. Being prepared is half the battle.

    Great shot.

    Mort Linder

    Mort, Jan 11, 2013
  9. M-M

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:14:49 PM UTC, M-M wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M <> wrote:

    > > : This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The

    > > : people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

    > > :

    > > : http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

    > > Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by

    > > an employee of the aquarium?

    > > Bob

    > The shot was taken from the beach. No aquarium- completely natural
    >
    > settings. I believe from the splashes in the water, that the dolphin
    >
    > flipped the fish up with his tail then caught it with his mouth.

    Whales have been seen doing that sort of thing with popropse

    Whisky-dave, Jan 11, 2013
  10. M-M

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Friday, January 11, 2013 3:02:08 PM UTC, George Kerby wrote:
    > On 1/11/13 7:42 AM, in article
    >
    > , "Whisky-dave"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:14:49 PM UTC, M-M wrote:

    > >> The shot was taken from the beach. No aquarium- completely natural

    > >> settings. I believe from the splashes in the water, that the dolphin

    > >> flipped the fish up with his tail then caught it with his mouth.

    > > Whales have been seen doing that sort of thing with popropse

    > On porpoise?

    The Porpoise did it on purpose :)

    Whisky-dave, Jan 11, 2013
  11. M-M

    me Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M <> wrote:

    >This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
    >people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
    >
    >http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

    Location, have camera and timing.

    Thanks.

    me, Jan 12, 2013