    room or move my ps2 from room to room. If nobody knows of such a thing
    I will make one but I figured why re-create the wheel.

    Thanks.

    vbplaya, Jul 15, 2005

  2. vbplaya

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "vbplaya" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am not sure if they make something like this or not but I wanted to
    > check if someone knows of such a component. Basically, I want a
    > component that can take in several different inputs (such as DVD,
    > Cable, PS2, etc) and you could select a specific input for one of
    > several outputs (different TV's). This would allow me to have all my
    > components in one central location and just select which one to view
    > on
    > the tv I am watching then I wouldn't have to have a dvd player for
    > each
    > room or move my ps2 from room to room. If nobody knows of such a
    > thing
    > I will make one but I figured why re-create the wheel.

    Video switchers are quite common. This company makes a decent selection:

    http://www.video-storm.com/
    Joshua Zyber, Jul 15, 2005

  3. vbplaya

    eb7g Guest

    vbplaya wrote:

    > I am not sure if they make something like this or not but I wanted to
    > check if someone knows of such a component. Basically, I want a
    > component that can take in several different inputs (such as DVD,
    > Cable, PS2, etc) and you could select a specific input for one of
    > several outputs (different TV's). This would allow me to have all my
    > components in one central location and just select which one to view on
    > the tv I am watching then I wouldn't have to have a dvd player for each
    > room or move my ps2 from room to room. If nobody knows of such a thing
    > I will make one but I figured why re-create the wheel.
    >
    > Thanks.

    There are a lot of these around. Depends how much you want to pay for
    how professional a machine you want.
    eb7g, Aug 12, 2005
  4. vbplaya

    Guest Guest

    "vbplaya" <> wrote in message
    >I am not sure if they make something like this or not but I wanted to
    > check if someone knows of such a component. Basically, I want a
    > component that can take in several different inputs (such as DVD,
    > Cable, PS2, etc) and you could select a specific input for one of
    > several outputs (different TV's). This would allow me to have all my
    > components in one central location and just select which one to view on
    > the tv I am watching then I wouldn't have to have a dvd player for each
    > room or move my ps2 from room to room. If nobody knows of such a thing
    > I will make one but I figured why re-create the wheel.

    That's called a crossbar switch. You can connect any source to any
    destination. If you want to choose the destination of more than one source
    at a time, it gets sort of sticky. If you are satisfied with one device at
    a time, then it can be done with 2 ordinary A/V switches. You choose the
    source on one and the destination (TV set) on the other.

    I just bought one of these for $4 from www.mcminone.com; it's part No.
    58-9725, and will connect any of 3 inputs to the same output, but only one
    at a time.

    Norm Strong
    Guest, Aug 12, 2005