    from a string, some mammals such as deer will fear the
    shining light and keep away. Therefore one use for the
    trashed discs is to hang them near your garden.

    Wumpus, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Wumpus wrote:

    > I read recently that if you hang a disc (CD or DVD)
    > from a string, some mammals such as deer will fear the
    > shining light and keep away. Therefore one use for the
    > trashed discs is to hang them near your garden.

    Or get some cork for cheap from the local hobby
    shop along with some glue and make proper drink
    coasters.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Wumpus

    El stinky Guest

    >> I read recently that if you hang a disc (CD or DVD)
    >> from a string, some mammals such as deer will fear the
    >> shining light and keep away. Therefore one use for the
    >> trashed discs is to hang them near your garden.

    best i ever saw was a use for AOL discs. A mobil station on the L.I.E. used
    one for a bathroom key tag.
    _________________________________
    Home Of The Tiltwheel
    http://listen.to/tiltwheel
    singing about dumb stuff for a while now...
    _________________________________

    El stinky, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Wumpus

    Mark W Guest

    "Wumpus" <> wrote in message
    > I read recently that if you hang a disc (CD or DVD)
    > from a string, some mammals such as deer will fear the
    > shining light and keep away. Therefore one use for the
    > trashed discs is to hang them near your garden.

    What about the space aliens? Aren't you worried you will attract unwanted
    extraterrestrial attention? They might think it's a signalling device.

    Mark W, Dec 2, 2003
  5. in article , Wumpus at
    wrote on 12/2/03 5:52 AM:

    > I read recently that if you hang a disc (CD or DVD)
    > from a string, some mammals such as deer will fear the
    > shining light and keep away. Therefore one use for the
    > trashed discs is to hang them near your garden.

    Sounds good, but for added fun, pop them in the microwave for 20 seconds
    first....ooooh fireworks!

    MR_ED_of_Course, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Wumpus

    kaboom Guest

    On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:52:08 -0500, Wumpus <>
    wrote:

    >I read recently that if you hang a disc (CD or DVD)
    >from a string, some mammals such as deer will fear the
    >shining light and keep away. Therefore one use for the
    >trashed discs is to hang them near your garden.

    **Yea, my neighbor hangs them (usually AOL discs) on her cherry trees
    to keep the birds away.

    kaboome

    kaboom, Dec 2, 2003
  7. "Wumpus" <> wrote in message
    > I read recently that if you hang a disc (CD or DVD)
    > from a string, some mammals such as deer will fear the
    > shining light and keep away. Therefore one use for the
    > trashed discs is to hang them near your garden.

    I snap mine. Ive only cut myself a few times, but it is great fun...

    Anonymous Joe, Dec 3, 2003
  8. Wumpus

    Gr8Buy.com Guest

    microwave them and watch them glow

    Gr8Buy.com, Dec 12, 2003
  9. Wumpus

    Gr8Buy.com Guest

    FRISBY!

    Gr8Buy.com, Dec 12, 2003
  10. Wumpus

    Gr8Buy.com Guest

    target practice or use for a cheap mirror lol

    Gr8Buy.com, Dec 12, 2003