    Help us save future loved ones here
    http://www.pbase.com/image/30183566
    Jenn

    Jennifer aka littleflurry.com, Jun 20, 2004

  2. What camera did you use?
    "Jennifer aka littleflurry.com" <> wrote in message news:...
    Our beloved Marty....lost June 14, 2004. Today our dog, our companion, our child so to speak, lost his life and saved my husband's life and others. My heart aches as I loved him so much.
    Keith was walking Marty in our yard, in our driveway, six feet from our back door. The LaSalle police were doing a drug raid 8 blocks away. When they entered the drug house the 2 pit bulls got loose. The were trained to fight and attacked Marty in our driveway. The whole neighborhood was horrified as it took the police to bring the drug arrested person to our driveway to get the dogs off Marty. I'm numb and angry and terribly upset. He was 4 years old and so loved. He was the kind of dog that loved everyone thru and thru. The only thing I think of over and over is the fact it could have been a child. The kids are all out of school and there are really little kids all over our neighborhood. He died to save their lives. These dogs had been under animal control custody and just given back to the druggie owner just recently. I'm so mad and I don't even know who I'm mad at. The police, animal control, the druggie owner.....

    Those pit bulls were a liability to the whole community and the police did not take that into consideration when they did the raid. I don't know what to do next. But something has to be done before this happens again or something worse. Marty's life was taken I hope not in vain. Yes he was just a dog, but he was our dog. He felt love, gave love and didn't ask for anything in return. Keith is okay but covered in Marty's blood from holding him on the way to the vets, shaken, terribly upset and scared to walk outside but physically not hurt. The 2 pit bulls were over 100lbs each. These 2 killer dogs were released back into the public on 6-17-04. My neighbor Louis, bless his soul, was home and heard Keith screaming. He hit the pit bulls with a shovel and yelled at Keith to get in their house. Keith was trying to get the dogs off Marty. Thank God Keith is ok. But we are both wanting Marty to run in here and bark like a maniac. Here are my favorite photos of him. I have more here....
    http://www.pbase.com/littleflurry/marty

    Gene Palmiter, Jun 21, 2004