A TradeMe jerk.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jamie Kahn Genet, Dec 9, 2006.

  1. What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
    bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
    five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
    reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
    do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
    address.

    Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
    doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
    fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
    the auction.

    So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
    foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
    reckon I ought to send it? Was the top posting sig a bit much? :)

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Dec 9, 2006

  2. Jamie Kahn Genet

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
    > bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
    > five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
    > reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
    > do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
    > address.
    >
    > Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
    > doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
    > fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
    > the auction.
    >
    > So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
    > foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
    > reckon I ought to send it?

    No, just let it go. On the scale of trademe jerks, that is nothing. I
    had a woman take 3 months to send a cellphone AND she was quite abusive
    about it. There's more important things to deal with than some loser on
    trademe.

    > Was the top posting sig a bit much? :)

    Unless she is a usenet user (unlikely) I doubt she'll understand it anyway.

    -=rjh=-, Dec 9, 2006

  3. -=rjh=- <> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
    > > bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
    > > five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
    > > reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
    > > do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
    > > address.
    > >
    > > Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
    > > doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
    > > fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
    > > the auction.
    > >
    > > So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
    > > foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
    > > reckon I ought to send it?

    > No, just let it go. On the scale of trademe jerks, that is nothing. I
    > had a woman take 3 months to send a cellphone AND she was quite abusive
    > about it. There's more important things to deal with than some loser on
    > trademe.
    >

    > > Was the top posting sig a bit much? :)

    > Unless she is a usenet user (unlikely) I doubt she'll understand it anyway.

    Yeah, you're right - it's all wasted on a jackass like that. It was
    cathartic to write, though :)

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Dec 9, 2006
  4. Jamie Kahn Genet

    poopbunny Guest

    I won an auction recently and I remember seeing a note somewhere that it had
    my address on it for notification to the seller, so I did not repeat the
    address in my communication thinking that it would be automatically supplied
    to the seller. After a few days when it did not arrive, I politely asked if
    it was sent. Turned out that the address I thought was supplied by trademe,
    wasn't. Issue was poiltely resolved though.

    One of those trademe quirks adding to miscommunication?

    poopbunny, Dec 9, 2006
  5. Jamie Kahn Genet

    ~misfit~ Guest

    poopbunny wrote:
    > I won an auction recently and I remember seeing a note somewhere that
    > it had my address on it for notification to the seller, so I did not
    > repeat the address in my communication thinking that it would be
    > automatically supplied to the seller. After a few days when it did
    > not arrive, I politely asked if it was sent. Turned out that the
    > address I thought was supplied by trademe, wasn't. Issue was poiltely
    > resolved though.
    >
    > One of those trademe quirks adding to miscommunication?

    I find it best to have a form email on my machine that I cut'n'paste and add
    names and auction number into each time I need it. Actually I've got two,
    one for buying, one for selling. Saves a lot of hassle and risk of
    "miscommunication".
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 9, 2006
  6. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Zipper Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
    > bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
    > five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
    > reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
    > do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
    > address.
    >
    > Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
    > doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
    > fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
    > the auction.
    >
    > So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
    > foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
    > reckon I ought to send it? Was the top posting sig a bit much? :)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    I just wonder why you had to post their address in a public newsgroup.
    Even if they are a bit silly/impatient I don't think it is a very nice
    move posting someones private address here. Was their address posted in
    email to you? if so then I think what you have done is far worse than
    what they have done, dragged a private conversation into a public arena.

    I also think you should cut people more slack especially at this time of
    year :). Try to forgive and have more patience with those that are more
    challenged or simply stressed and in a hurry and forgetting things
    (happens a lot during the silly season).

    Zipper, Dec 9, 2006
  7. Zipper <> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > What do you guys reckon about below? This RUDE buyer never supplies a
    > > bloody address and then gets uppity when I politely ask for one after
    > > five days have passed. I lost my tempter a wee bit, but nevertheless
    > > reigned it in and politely said I had not gotten an address so couldn't
    > > do anything, and would send the item on it's way now I have said
    > > address.
    > >
    > > Now tonight I get another abrupt email.. apparently the post office
    > > doesn't move fast enough for her, but she still fails to acknowledge her
    > > fault in not supplying an address for five days from the time she won
    > > the auction.
    > >
    > > So, as you can see below, this time I didn't reign in my annoyance...
    > > foolish of me? An over-reaction? Or just desserts for an PITA buyer? You
    > > reckon I ought to send it? Was the top posting sig a bit much? :)
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Jamie Kahn Genet
    > >

    > I just wonder why you had to post their address in a public newsgroup.
    > Even if they are a bit silly/impatient I don't think it is a very nice
    > move posting someones private address here. Was their address posted in
    > email to you? if so then I think what you have done is far worse than
    > what they have done, dragged a private conversation into a public arena.
    >
    > I also think you should cut people more slack especially at this time of
    > year :). Try to forgive and have more patience with those that are more
    > challenged or simply stressed and in a hurry and forgetting things
    > (happens a lot during the silly season).

    Perhaps you're right. I was becoming the jerk I was annoyed at.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Dec 10, 2006