    materials, like cd's, books, tests, free stuff that you recommend?,
    thanks
    ==============

    toing, May 26, 2004

  2. "toing" <-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi, i just bought the Mike Meyers passport A+ certification 2nd
    > edition, is this the latest one?, is it good?, are thre any more
    > materials, like cd's, books, tests, free stuff that you recommend?,
    > thanks

    I'd have probably gone for the All-in-one if you don't have a lot of
    experience repairing/building computers. But if you have a lot of
    experience, the passport would probably be sufficient. Just take as many
    practice tests as you can.

    Patrick Michael, May 26, 2004

  3. why would you buy it then ask the questions?

    Fred Mathering, May 27, 2004
  4. On 26 May 2004 10:32:44 -0400,
    -spam.invalid (toing) wrote:

    >Hi, i just bought the Mike Meyers passport A+ certification 2nd
    >edition, is this the latest one?, is it good?, are thre any more
    >materials, like cd's, books, tests, free stuff that you recommend?,
    >thanks

    To answer your first question, yes, that's the latest edition of the
    A+ Passport book, released in December 2003.

    As for whether it's good, I think it's great! But then, I know the
    authors and work for Total Seminars, so I'm not exactly unbiased. ;-)
    I can tell you that the Passport book is more streamlined than books
    like the A+ All-In-One, and is therefore best suited to those with
    some prior PC experience. It covers the bases of CompTIA's objectives,
    but doesn't give you a lot of the extra background info which can come
    in handy for newbies.

    Hope that helps, and best of luck on your A+ cert!

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com

    Cindy Clayton, May 28, 2004