A+ test question help

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Bernie Eshleman, May 7, 2004.

  1. The question on my practice test exam is:

    Consider the following startup sequence:

    * Io.sys
    * Config.sys
    * Msdos.sys
    * Command.com
    * Autoexec.bat

    Which operating system uses this startup sequence?

    MS-DOS
    Windows 98
    Windows XP
    Windows 2000

    According to the practice test the right answer was Windows 98

    But my A+ book says the sequence for Windows 98 is

    * Io.sys
    * Msdos.sys
    * Config.sys
    * Command.com
    * Autoexec.bat

    Would the Practice test be right or my book?????????????

    Thanks in advance

    Bernie

    Bernie Eshleman, May 7, 2004

  2. Bernie Eshleman

    glen Guest

    the practise test is wrong, the 2nd way u have written is correct.
    config.sys is 3rd

    glen, May 7, 2004

  3. Bernie Eshleman

    bobG Guest

    "AT" <torgny@@direcway.com> wrote in message news:<L%Smc.11475$>...
    > The example in your test question is not used by any known OS and your book
    > show the correct boot sequence which is used by MS-DOS and Win 95/98.
    >
    > AT
    >
    > "Bernie Eshleman" <> wrote in message
    > > The question on my practice test exam is:
    > >
    > > Consider the following startup sequence:
    > >

    > > * Io.sys
    > > * Config.sys
    > > * Msdos.sys
    > > * Command.com
    > > * Autoexec.bat
    > >

    > > Which operating system uses this startup sequence?
    > >
    > > MS-DOS
    > > Windows 98
    > > Windows XP
    > > Windows 2000
    > >
    > > According to the practice test the right answer was Windows 98
    > >
    > > But my A+ book says the sequence for Windows 98 is
    > >
    > > * Io.sys
    > > * Msdos.sys
    > > * Config.sys
    > > * Command.com
    > > * Autoexec.bat
    > >
    > > Would the Practice test be right or my book?????????????
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > Bernie

    I agree with Glen and AT. Your A+ book is right for Win9x. My follow
    up question would be whose practice test are you using?

    Bob

    bobG, May 9, 2004

    > > The example in your test question is not used by any known OS and your

    book
    > > show the correct boot sequence which is used by MS-DOS and Win 95/98.
    > >
    > > AT
    > >
    > > "Bernie Eshleman" <> wrote in message
    > > > The question on my practice test exam is:
    > > >
    > > > Consider the following startup sequence:
    > > >

    > > > * Io.sys
    > > > * Config.sys
    > > > * Msdos.sys
    > > > * Command.com
    > > > * Autoexec.bat
    > > >

    > > > Which operating system uses this startup sequence?
    > > >
    > > > MS-DOS
    > > > Windows 98
    > > > Windows XP
    > > > Windows 2000
    > > >
    > > > According to the practice test the right answer was Windows 98
    > > >
    > > > But my A+ book says the sequence for Windows 98 is
    > > >
    > > > * Io.sys
    > > > * Msdos.sys
    > > > * Config.sys
    > > > * Command.com
    > > > * Autoexec.bat
    > > >
    > > > Would the Practice test be right or my book?????????????
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance
    > > >
    > > > Bernie
    > > >

    > I agree with Glen and AT. Your A+ book is right for Win9x. My follow
    > up question would be whose practice test are you using?
    >
    > Bob

    I am using practice test supplied by Tesst College where I took my A+
    course. They are using online test software at a web site called
    selftestsoftware.com. This was test question
    ref# 220-302.1.2.24

    They claim that "io.sys, msdos.sys, config.sys, command.com, autoexec.bat"
    was the old
    MS-DOS start up sequence, and that evolved into the win9X sequence of
    "io.sys, config.sys, msdos.sys, command.com, autoexec.bat".

    Thank you all for your help. I will email them about this and have them
    correct there error. I hope this is the only wrong info I am getting from
    this test.

    Bernie

    Bernie Eshleman, May 9, 2004