    I think the who thing is in flash, even the scrolling. Whoever designed it
    is trying to be too clever. I am using IE 6 too, so there shouldn't be any
    excuse.

    Vista, Oct 9, 2006

  2. Vista wrote:
    > Try going to http://www.ellerslieflowershow.co.nz/ and try using the
    > scroll bar. If you go to 'vsitor info' and then click on the sub
    > catorgories, the scroll bar stops working, and you can't scroll down at all.
    > I think the who thing is in flash, even the scrolling. Whoever designed it
    > is trying to be too clever. I am using IE 6 too, so there shouldn't be any
    > excuse.

    No, there is no excuse to be using IE6. This works fine for me on
    Firefox. The only error I can see is the scroll bar does not disappear
    when you first go to the Visitor Info page, despite it being
    unnecessary. I do have a screen resolution of 1600x1200 however.

    All Web pages should be boring black text on a white background, with no
    Javascript, Flash, or any of that unnecessary BS anyway.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Oct 9, 2006

  3. Vista

    Crains Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > Try going to http://www.ellerslieflowershow.co.nz/ and try using the
    > scroll bar. If you go to 'vsitor info' and then click on the sub
    > catorgories, the scroll bar stops working, and you can't scroll down
    > at all. I think the who thing is in flash, even the scrolling.
    > Whoever designed it is trying to be too clever. I am using IE 6 too,
    > so there shouldn't be any excuse.

    Works fine here.. Firefox 2 RC2

    Crains, Oct 9, 2006
  4. Vista

    whome Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in message
    > Try going to http://www.ellerslieflowershow.co.nz/ and try using the
    > scroll bar. If you go to 'vsitor info' and then click on the sub
    > catorgories, the scroll bar stops working, and you can't scroll down at
    > all. I think the who thing is in flash, even the scrolling. Whoever
    > designed it is trying to be too clever. I am using IE 6 too, so there
    > shouldn't be any excuse.

    Webpages with just the basic text/graphics can look really great yet remain
    high functional. Also, compatibility is assured. The bbc website is well
    designed.

    whome, Oct 9, 2006
  5. Vista

    Rob Guest

    The Other Guy wrote:
    > Vista wrote:
    >> Try going to http://www.ellerslieflowershow.co.nz/ and try using the
    >> scroll bar. If you go to 'vsitor info' and then click on the sub
    >> catorgories, the scroll bar stops working, and you can't scroll down
    >> at all. I think the who thing is in flash, even the scrolling. Whoever
    >> designed it is trying to be too clever. I am using IE 6 too, so there
    >> shouldn't be any excuse.

    > No, there is no excuse to be using IE6. This works fine for me on
    > Firefox. The only error I can see is the scroll bar does not disappear
    > when you first go to the Visitor Info page, despite it being
    > unnecessary. I do have a screen resolution of 1600x1200 however.
    >
    > All Web pages should be boring black text on a white background, with no
    > Javascript, Flash, or any of that unnecessary BS anyway.
    >
    > The Other Guy

    In my case I'll agree with you.

    Firefox 1.5.0.7 Ubuntu 6.06 The flash breaks. I get a logo with a blank
    white button underneath. Right click I get the flash control menu. Click
    play and some of the navigation and links come up, then hangs waiting
    for more data.

    A lot of sites are using flash 8 (not this one), which leaves all
    linux/bsd users in the lurch. It looks like there may be a beta of flash
    9 available in the next week or so, skipping 8 completely. I hope they
    have fixed the sound sync problems of flash 7/linux. Should do, as
    apparently the developers are letting alsa handle the sound.

    Flash may be one of the best ways of delivering rich internet apps, but
    it must be multi platform if they don't want folk to move to gnash or
    anything else that comes along.

    In the meantime, site builders should also build a non-flash/proprietary
    platform site for other oses/older pcs/javascript off etc. Easy enough
    to do what this site has with simple tables. Using iframes to contain
    the flash? Bad.

    --
    Rob

    The computer is no better than its program. (Elting Elmore Morison)

    Rob, Oct 9, 2006
  6. Vista

    Blue Guest

    On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:10:52 +1300, The Other Guy wrote:

    > All Web pages should be boring black text on a white background, with no
    > Javascript, Flash, or any of that unnecessary BS anyway.

    Hey, we can have some colour and graphics ;-)

    Blue, Oct 10, 2006