    do I need to change so that Windows will stop reorganizing my icons?

    --
    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Feb 23, 2007

  2. If you need it to be locked, first try and un-lock it. Then make your
    correction - re-boot, and lock it again. But your troubles may be something
    else - this OS really IS having a problem remembering 'some' configuration
    changes you make. It has a tendency to go away after a while ( a long
    while?) and may have something to do with the Updates that are installed
    'down stream'. I never found any specific 'culprit', though.

    Tony. . .

    "Denise" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > A few days ago, I installed Windows XP Pro X64. Today it started to

    change
    > the lineup of icons that I placed in my task bar, on the left near the

    Start
    > button. I have them lined up in a manner so that I know what each one

    will
    > do by where it's located, i.e, if I want to go to my desktop, I click on

    the
    > second icon. The taskbar is locked. When I reboot or turn off my

    computer
    > and turn it back on, the icons are in a different order again. What

    setting

    Tony Sperling, Feb 26, 2007

  3. I deleted all of the icons that I had in the tray and tried to put them back.
    The beginning of the area to house the icons and the end of it are together
    and I can't separate them so I can't put any icons in there anymore. Trying
    to slide the end bar does nothing.
    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Feb 26, 2007
  4. I deleted all of the icons that I had in the tray and tried to put them back.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Feb 26, 2007
  5. Oh, I see. There is an option - I think it is in the task-bar properties -
    to turn the QuickLaunch panel ON. If it went lost on you, try and turn it
    OFF, then re-boot and turn it back ON.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 26, 2007
  6. Thanks Tony, that did the trick! MUCH appreicated!
    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Feb 26, 2007