    same thing, i.e. unlock an account after X minutes.

    Thanks,
    Adam
    Adam Leinss, Jan 7, 2004

  2. "Account lockout duration" is the amount of time a user is locked after they
    enter the specified number of wrong passwords.

    "Reset account lockout counter after" works like this: You have set the
    threshold to five attempts, your "reset account lockout counter after" value
    is set to ten minutes. Joe user enters four bad passwords within 60
    seconds, then enters his correct password. He if logs out after two more
    minutes and enters another bad password he will be locked out. But if he
    waits for more then ten minutes he can enter up to four bad passwords again.

    Eric

    Eric Phillips, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Adam Leinss

    Guest Guest

    "Reset account lockout counter
    >after" If counter set to 15 minutes and Lockout set to 3

    trys, Suzie can try logon twice - wait 15 minutes and try
    twice again. Wait 15 minutes and try twice again. 6 trys
    in 45 minutes. If she trys 3 times she is locked out.
    "Account

    Guest, Jan 7, 2004