A tad OT: Invention Submission?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hey all,

    Not really the primary focus of this group, but I figured what the hell,
    it's worth a try in asking these
    intelligent folks :).

    I came up with an idea for an invention at the begining of July. I'm
    starting off by using the
    'poor mans copyright'. A Detailed description of said invention mailed in
    an envelope
    to yourself. But that official government website is too damned confusing
    for a first timer
    to navigate. Is there an online 'Copyright for Dummies' type website I can
    visit that
    explains the steps needed to take in plain, simple language?

    Also, who would I go to in order to build a proto type? I'm hoping it'll be
    in the $60 price
    range, and it'll require a little bit of cuircit board automation and two
    buttons to make
    the automation happen by the user.. heh, my next door neighbor works in the
    movie buisness,
    I figured he might know a few movie prop people who might be able to whip a
    working
    one up..

    any help will be apprecaited..

    Guest, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Guest

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as
    continued:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > Not really the primary focus of this group, but I figured what the
    > hell, it's worth a try in asking these
    > intelligent folks :).
    >
    > I came up with an idea for an invention at the begining of July. I'm
    > starting off by using the
    > 'poor mans copyright'. A Detailed description of said invention
    > mailed in an envelope
    > to yourself. But that official government website is too damned
    > confusing for a first timer
    > to navigate. Is there an online 'Copyright for Dummies' type website
    > I can visit that
    > explains the steps needed to take in plain, simple language?
    >
    > Also, who would I go to in order to build a proto type? I'm hoping
    > it'll be in the $60 price
    > range, and it'll require a little bit of cuircit board automation and
    > two buttons to make
    > the automation happen by the user.. heh, my next door neighbor works
    > in the movie buisness,
    > I figured he might know a few movie prop people who might be able to
    > whip a working
    > one up..
    >
    > any help will be apprecaited..

    Send the blueprints to me, and I will make sure the right people get to see
    them. I will even build the prototype for you. Enclose a cheque for £249 to
    cover my drug bills for the next week, and I will get back to you. Sometime.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 13, 2003

  3. wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > Not really the primary focus of this group, but I figured what the hell,
    > it's worth a try in asking these
    > intelligent folks :).
    >
    > I came up with an idea for an invention at the begining of July. I'm
    > starting off by using the
    > 'poor mans copyright'. A Detailed description of said invention mailed in
    > an envelope
    > to yourself. But that official government website is too damned confusing
    > for a first timer
    > to navigate. Is there an online 'Copyright for Dummies' type website I can
    > visit that
    > explains the steps needed to take in plain, simple language?

    <snip>

    http://tinyurl.com/gtju Note that this comes with no nose hair.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 13, 2003