    Some technicians analyzed my PC but nobody understands anything.
    Will I have to replace the PC or my card of capture video?
    thanks Fogar
    Fogar, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Fogar

    leslie Guest

    Fogar () wrote:
    : Hi,
    : some days ago a sudden change of electricity has ruined my HD and I
    : has had to purchase a new HD.
    : When I add the programs for the editing video, I notice the sofware
    : for editing doesn't work correctly anymore.
    : That sudden change of electricity could also have ruined my card of
    : capture video?

    Yes, it's possible.

    : Yet when I go on "Device Driver" it is everything ok.
    : The drivers are ok. It seems impossible a damage because it works with
    : 12 volts, at least I believe. Will the motherboard be ruined?

    If the operating system boots up, the motherboard is probably okay.

    : Some technicians analyzed my PC but nobody understands anything.
    : Will I have to replace the PC or my card of capture video?
    : thanks Fogar

    It's hard to say without more information.

    Anyone dealing with PC hardware needs to have a good hardware diagnostic
    program. I purchased the Troubleshooter from ForeFront in Clearwater,
    Florida, www.techcourses.com.

    A UPS would be a wise investment, costing less than a new hard drive.

    --Jerry Leslie (my opinions are strictly my own)
    Note: is invalid for email
    leslie, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Fogar

    BigUn Guest

    I bet if you ask this question in a more appropriate NG, you'll get exactly
    the answers you need.

    BigUn, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Fogar

    Chet Guest

    Why don't you suggest what that "more appropriate" newsgroup might be? I
    thought the question was very appropriate to this one.

    Chet, Jun 27, 2003
  5. "Chet" <> wrote:

    >Why don't you suggest what that "more appropriate" newsgroup might be? I
    >thought the question was very appropriate to this one.

    Not even close. a.c.c is *about* computer consulting, not a free consulting
    service. You need to find a PC hardware group.

    --
    Carey Gregory
    Windows Print Drivers and Components
    Carey Gregory, Jun 28, 2003
  6. Fogar

    Chet Guest

    Perhaps you didn't notice that he also posted to alt.computer which is the
    one where I read it. Get a life.

    Chet, Jun 28, 2003
  7. "Chet" <> wrote:

    >Perhaps you didn't notice that he also posted to alt.computer which is the
    >one where I read it. Get a life.

    I noticed. a.c.c still isn't the right place to ask, and it's no big deal
    to tell him that. Get over it.

    Carey Gregory, Jun 28, 2003
  8. Carey Gregory <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Chet" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Perhaps you didn't notice that he also posted to alt.computer which is the
    > >one where I read it. Get a life.

    > I noticed. a.c.c still isn't the right place to ask, and it's no big deal
    > to tell him that. Get over it.

    see carrie @ http://www.evolutionbodypiercing.com/images/wodawide.jpg

    Carey Gregory

    www.gw-tech.com