    Hardy marathon on TCM this Friday and I will be using R discs. Thanks for
    any help you can give.

    Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Mr. Moe

    theyak Guest

    In article <0KK2e.31541$191.27817@trnddc02>, says...
    > Hi,
    > I know this may be a stupid question but...if I record something on a DVD+R
    > disc and still have space on it...when I go to record again on it, will it
    > start at the end of whatever is last recorded? I jusr got my recorder at
    > Xmas, and haven't tried anything like this before. But, there is a Laurel &
    > Hardy marathon on TCM this Friday and I will be using R discs. Thanks for
    > any help you can give.
    >
    > Mr. Moe

    As long as you don't close the disc you can write something else on the
    end, PROVIDED it's a data disc. If it's a dvd video then the ifo files
    won't know you've put something else on there and it wont work.

    theyak, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe Guest

    By "closing the disc", do you mean finalizing it? I plan on switching discs
    off and on during the day Friday, and putting different movies on different
    discs at different times. So I will be taking a disc out and putting it in
    at a later time for another movie. Will that work?
    Mr. Moe -

    Mr. Moe, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Mr. Moe

    theyak Guest

    In article <JBV2e.27718$Ax.14793@trnddc04>, says...
    > By "closing the disc", do you mean finalizing it? I plan on switching discs
    > off and on during the day Friday, and putting different movies on different
    > discs at different times. So I will be taking a disc out and putting it in
    > at a later time for another movie. Will that work?
    > Mr. Moe -

    Oh you mean a set top recorder... Yes, as long as you don't finalize the
    disc you can continue to add things to it until it's full, no matter if
    you remove it from the machine.

    theyak, Mar 31, 2005
  5. Mr. Moe

    Jon Purkey Guest

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 04:09:32 GMT, "Mr. Moe" <>
    wrote:

    >I know this may be a stupid question but...if I record something on a DVD+R
    >disc and still have space on it...when I go to record again on it, will it
    >start at the end of whatever is last recorded? I jusr got my recorder at
    >Xmas, and haven't tried anything like this before. But, there is a Laurel &
    >Hardy marathon on TCM this Friday and I will be using R discs. Thanks for
    >any help you can give.

    When you use the disc again it will start recording a new title.
    Though during playback, play should jump from the end of title 1 to
    title 2.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Mar 31, 2005
  6. In article <>, theyak
    <> wrote:

    >In article <JBV2e.27718$Ax.14793@trnddc04>,
    >says...
    >
    >> By "closing the disc", do you mean finalizing it? I plan on
    >> switching discs off and on during the day Friday, and putting
    >> different movies on different discs at different times. So I
    >> will be taking a disc out and putting it in at a later time for
    >> another movie. Will that work? Mr. Moe -

    >Oh you mean a set top recorder... Yes, as long as you don't
    >finalize the disc you can continue to add things to it until it's
    >full, no matter if you remove it from the machine.

    Just be sure NOT to finalize it. Once you do that you can't write
    anything more.

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Mar 31, 2005
  7. Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe Guest

    THANKS so much for all the information. Everyone's been a big help.
    Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe, Apr 1, 2005