    or other MP3 player?

    I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jul 8, 2006

  2. Collector»NZ

    juicyjuice Guest

    Zen Neeon here
    dont like ipods - especially the software

    juicyjuice, Jul 8, 2006

  3. Collector»NZ

    Malcolm Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device
    > like and IPOD or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    Creative Rhomba NX here use to use during the week on the train. Not
    in Wellington now, but use it outside when mowing lawns etc.

    --
    Cheers
    Malcolm °¿°

    Malcolm, Jul 8, 2006
  4. Collector»NZ

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:08:08 +1200, Collector»NZ
    <> wrote:

    >How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like and IPOD
    >or other MP3 player?
    >
    >I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    I've never got one, but would like an iRiver sometime.

    GraB, Jul 8, 2006
  5. Collector»NZ

    IRO Guest

    In article <44afafb1$>,
    Collector»NZ <> wrote:

    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like and
    > IPOD
    > or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    iPod Video used as the household stereo system. Attached to an Altec
    Lansing amp & spkrs. Also saw duty storing photos from the digicam on an
    overseas trip, via Apple Connect.

    iPod Mini travels in the car for music when we are out of range of the
    Nat Prog. Has an el Cheapo amp & spkrs from Kathmandu if required.
    Sounds just fine.

    More than happy with the sound, the software and the operation of the
    iPods. Currently experimenting with flicking movies onto the Video,
    surprisingly effortless once you've figured out the routine.

    --
    ~IRO
    (enzed = nz)

    IRO, Jul 8, 2006
  6. Collector»NZ

    IRO Guest

    In article <>,
    IRO <> wrote:

    > iPod Video used as the household stereo system. Attached to an Altec
    > Lansing amp & spkrs. Also saw duty storing photos from the digicam on an
    > overseas trip, via Apple Connect.

    And used it to back up my daughter's iBook hard drive prior to a major
    System update. Didn't need it but it was nice to know it was there.

    --
    ~IRO
    (enzed = nz)

    IRO, Jul 8, 2006
  7. Collector»NZ

    MaHogany Guest

    On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:08:08 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like
    > and IPOD or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    I don't use them - the city is too noisy for those sorts of devices
    without harming the hearing.

    And if I'm at home I still wouldn't use that sort of a device as I've got
    a sound system for playing my CDs, LPs, and Cassettes.

    Ma Hogany

    --
    Q: How do I make Windows(TM) go faster?
    A: Throw it harder...

    MaHogany, Jul 8, 2006
  8. Collector»NZ wrote:

    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like and IPOD
    > or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    I listen to music on my Nokia 6630 on the commute to and from work
    every day.

    alastair.geek.nz, Jul 9, 2006
  9. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like
    > and IPOD or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    Interesting to see all the responses, it appears in NZ Comp its a general thing
    where in NZ Gen its an older thing.

    What got me interested was being bored waiting for an XP SP2 update to finish I
    noticed that on my desk where a number of music playing capable devices, My
    Work Smart Phone, My personal PDA, My Digital Camera, and my old MP3 player,
    now if I have this many music capable devices and hardly use any of them these
    days for playing music what does everyone else have.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jul 9, 2006
  10. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like
    > and IPOD or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    I don't use a personal music device. My ex used to use a CD-based mp3 player
    that played CD-RWs. It was fairly cheap (~$100) Philips and produced good
    sound. She still has it I believe. Easy enough to erase and re-write a CD-RW
    and very cheap. She had a holder/belt pouch for the player that also had
    pockets for about a dozen discs.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 9, 2006
  11. Collector»NZ

    shannon Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like
    > and IPOD or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    Ipod Nano, Palm with ptunes, car player with jack input. Huge reggae,
    dub, alt country collection.
    I listen to podcasts like TWiT and the odd audiobook as well as most
    music genres. Anyone with good audiobook links please share :)
    I've met lots of kids who have ipods with sharepod and a good command of
    p2p technology, they aren't geeks, its as normal to them as record
    players and cds were to previous generations

    shannon, Jul 9, 2006
  12. T'was the Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:08:08 +1200 when I remembered
    Collector»NZ <> saying something like this:

    >How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like and IPOD
    >or other MP3 player?

    Nokia 6680.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Jul 9, 2006
  13. Collector»NZ

    Keith Guest

    In article <44afafb1$>,
    says...
    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like and IPOD
    > or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    Both my iPaq and my cellphone take a SD card and can play MP3 through
    accessory headphones. No need for a dedicated device.

    In fact I always wondered what the point was of storing more than an
    hour or so of music?

    Keith, Jul 9, 2006
  14. Collector»NZ

    MaHogany Guest

    On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 18:27:06 +1200, Keith wrote:

    > In fact I always wondered what the point was of storing more than an
    > hour or so of music?

    Possibly to give you a choice of what to listen to without needing to
    refresh what you've got stored on that device.

    Ma Hogany

    --
    Q: How do I make Windows(TM) go faster?
    A: Throw it harder...

    MaHogany, Jul 9, 2006
  15. Collector»NZ

    Matty F Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like
    >> and IPOD or other MP3 player?
    >>
    >> I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    > Interesting to see all the responses, it appears in NZ Comp its a
    > general thing where in NZ Gen its an older thing.
    >
    > What got me interested was being bored waiting for an XP SP2 update to
    > finish I noticed that on my desk where a number of music playing capable
    > devices, My Work Smart Phone, My personal PDA, My Digital Camera, and my
    > old MP3 player, now if I have this many music capable devices and hardly
    > use any of them these days for playing music what does everyone else have.

    I have this nifty Edison player. It's not as small as your new
    fangled MP3 players, but it doesn't need batteries.
    The cylinders can be erased using any convenient flame device.

    http://tinypic.com/i6ji9x.jpg

    Matty F, Jul 9, 2006
  16. Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > T'was the Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:08:08 +1200 when I remembered
    > Collector»NZ <> saying something like this:

    > >How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like and IPOD
    > >or other MP3 player?

    > Nokia 6680.

    How do you find the sound quality on the 6680, Waylon? The 6630 is
    okay, but a bit disappointing when doing a comparison of the same files
    being played on an iPod or Zen.

    The camera on the 6630 is also far from perfect, but the convenience of
    having everything in one device means that I rarely use my standalone
    camera or feel the urge to buy a standalone music player, even though
    dedicated devices would peform these functions better than the 6630
    does. I'm seriously considering getting myself a Sony Ericsson K800 or
    Nokia N73 when these become available and the price is reasonable.

    alastair.geek.nz, Jul 9, 2006
  17. Collector»NZ

    Kent Smith Guest

    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like and
    > IPOD or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.
    > --

    Nano

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Jul 9, 2006
  18. T'was the 9 Jul 2006 00:21:44 -0700 when I remembered
    "alastair.geek.nz" <> saying something like this:

    >How do you find the sound quality on the 6680, Waylon? The 6630 is
    >okay, but a bit disappointing when doing a comparison of the same files
    >being played on an iPod or Zen.

    A little limited because I think the metal-braided headphones that
    come with the 6680 are crap. There is however an adaptor turning your
    Pop-port into a 3.5mm headphone jack, then the music is sweet.
    However, I'm not an extreme audiophile, so I can't really comment too
    much about sound quality except to say I'm happy with it.

    >The camera on the 6630 is also far from perfect, but the convenience of
    >having everything in one device means that I rarely use my standalone
    >camera or feel the urge to buy a standalone music player, even though
    >dedicated devices would peform these functions better than the 6630
    >does. I'm seriously considering getting myself a Sony Ericsson K800 or
    >Nokia N73 when these become available and the price is reasonable.

    Now the camera on the device isn't great, but having my phone as my
    MP3 player and camera and phone and modem just makes it a super useful
    device.

    Thought about a Motorola V1050? No Bluetooth, but MP3 player,
    removable memory and reduced down to $349 new, it's a good deal at
    that price.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Jul 9, 2006
  19. Collector»NZ

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:08:08 +1200, Collector»NZ <> wrote:

    >How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like and IPOD
    >or other MP3 player?
    >
    >I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    Creative Muvo, but I use a hell of a lot more my car stereo which takes SD
    Cards.

    Craig Shore, Jul 9, 2006
  20. On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 01:08:08 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > How many contributors here regularly use a personal music device like and IPOD
    > or other MP3 player?
    >
    > I am curious if it is a geek, weeny bopper or general thing.

    Nah, I'm too broke and besides it is bad for your hearing.

    wogers nemesis, Jul 9, 2006