    anyone else had this happen?

    --
    Jarhead

    Jarhead, Mar 29, 2006

  2. Jarhead wrote:

    > Just downloaded A square trial version and it doesn't like Firefox.
    > Has anyone else had this happen?

    I've been using A-Squared and Firefox for quite some time - years - and
    never had any kind of problem.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Jarhead

    Jarhead Guest

    | Jarhead wrote:
    |
    | > Just downloaded A square trial version and it doesn't like Firefox.
    | > Has anyone else had this happen?
    |
    | I've been using A-Squared and Firefox for quite some time - years -
    and
    | never had any kind of problem.
    |
    | --
    | -bts
    | -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Says Firefox shows trojan type behavior?? Also wants to call home
    incessantly. It dialed up on its own but I had ZA on lock and it
    wouldn't let it connect. Makes me wonder if they are trying to use me as
    a server??

    --
    Jarhead

    Jarhead, Mar 30, 2006
  4. Jarhead wrote:

    >| Jarhead wrote:
    >|
    >|> Just downloaded A square trial version and it doesn't like Firefox.
    >|> Has anyone else had this happen?
    >|
    >| I've been using A-Squared and Firefox for quite some time - years -
    >> and never had any kind of problem.

    > Says Firefox shows trojan type behavior??

    Firefox is not a trojan. <g>

    > Also wants to call home incessantly. It dialed up on its own but I had
    > ZA on lock and it wouldn't let it connect. Makes me wonder if they
    > are trying to use me as a server??

    Is this a trial of the pay version of A²? Maybe it is looking for
    updates .. that would be normal. It is a reputable program, and no it is
    not trying to use you as a server. I wouldn't worry about it.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 30, 2006
  5. Jarhead

    Jarhead Guest

    | Jarhead wrote:
    |
    | > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    message
    | >| Jarhead wrote:
    | >|
    Firefox.
    | >|
    | >| I've been using A-Squared and Firefox for quite some time - years -
    | >> and never had any kind of problem.
    | >
    | > Says Firefox shows trojan type behavior??
    |
    | Firefox is not a trojan. <g>
    |
    | > Also wants to call home incessantly. It dialed up on its own but I
    had
    | > ZA on lock and it wouldn't let it connect. Makes me wonder if they
    | > are trying to use me as a server??
    |
    | Is this a trial of the pay version of A²? Maybe it is looking for
    | updates .. that would be normal. It is a reputable program, and no it
    is
    | not trying to use you as a server. I wouldn't worry about it.

    Ahh!! Thanks! Took it off of auto update and it no longer calls home.
    This is the first program that I have used that does that on auto
    update. The others will wait until it sees a connection. BTW it is the
    trial of the pay version.

    --
    Jarhead

    Jarhead, Mar 30, 2006