A-Squared and BPS false alarm?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ellis_jay, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    I updated and ran A-squared today and it found trace spyware BPS-which I
    believe is Bulletproof Spyware. A-Squared reports the location in the
    registtry as HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/shared dll.s as
    XCEEDCRY.dll.

    After Googling it seems that XCEEDCRY.dll is a legitimate dll. I also
    found at Google that BPS is -or was-being sued by the SPybot Search adn
    Destroy folks for some kind of theft. My question is-has A-Squared produced
    a false positive? I have never used BPS as far as I know-even in any free
    on line scanner.

    I have not deleted the registry entry XCEEDCRY.dll-----maybe later if it is
    necessary.

    tia