    --
    Chris Green
    , Apr 9, 2008

  2. Paul Hayes Guest

    wrote:
    > The C475IP (from the previous thread) seems to have so much going for
    > it that I think I'll be buying some.
    >
    > One question that occurs to me, which might make it even *better*.
    >
    > If I set the answerphone so that it works for only some of the numbers
    > then, presumably, I don't have the problem of answerphone activation
    > whether I like it or not on the other numbers. Is that correct?

    Yes, if you turn off the answer machine for a VoIP account then no calls
    on that account will use the answer machine. The phones will just ring
    and ring and ring until either the person gives up or your VoIP service
    provider voicemail kicks in (if they provide it).

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Apr 9, 2008

  3. Guest

    Paul Hayes <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > The C475IP (from the previous thread) seems to have so much going for
    > > it that I think I'll be buying some.
    > >
    > > One question that occurs to me, which might make it even *better*.
    > >
    > > If I set the answerphone so that it works for only some of the numbers
    > > then, presumably, I don't have the problem of answerphone activation
    > > whether I like it or not on the other numbers. Is that correct?

    > Yes, if you turn off the answer machine for a VoIP account then no calls
    > on that account will use the answer machine. The phones will just ring
    > and ring and ring until either the person gives up or your VoIP service
    > provider voicemail kicks in (if they provide it).

    Excellent, thank you!

    --
    Chris Green
    , Apr 9, 2008