A simple way pass through T1 Modem lines to IP/PORT

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ravi, Mar 7, 2013.

  1. Ravi

    Ravi Guest

    Hello Guys,

    1. I have a CISCO 2921 with HWIC T1 card
    2. I also have a PVDM2-24DM Digital Modem Adapter
    3. I have a TAP (Telocator Alphanumeric Protocal) gateway listening on IP:pORT on an external Linux Server

    What I want to do is a simple serial line/modem pass thru to IP:pORT

    However, ALL the cisco documentation refers to voip where the link is transferred using G.771 on VOIP. This is not really ideal where I have to hack Asterisk or something else to get a serial line.

    I've looked at:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fax/configuration/guide/vf_cfg_mdm_psthr.pdf

    I can create a dial peer and then

    modem passthrough {system | nse [payload-type number] codec {g711ulaw | g711alaw}

    But this involves using VOIP, I am actually looking for a much simpler serial0/1:23 asigned to IP:pORT combination. Any dialup activity is passed to IP:pORT to deal with.

    Any ideas?

    Ravi

    Ravi, Mar 7, 2013

  2. Ravi

    Guest

    Thanks for the reply,

    I configured the router

    was able to pass the traffic to the tapgateway. But I seem to be stuck with the parity bit issue. Is there a firmware for the modem where I can set the parity 7E1 or basically I am screwed here?

    Ravi
    On Thursday, March 7, 2013 2:22:05 PM UTC-8, Ravi wrote:
    > Hello Guys,
    >

    > 1. I have a CISCO 2921 with HWIC T1 card
    >
    > 2. I also have a PVDM2-24DM Digital Modem Adapter
    >
    > 3. I have a TAP (Telocator Alphanumeric Protocal) gateway listening on IP:pORT on an external Linux Server
    >

    > What I want to do is a simple serial line/modem pass thru to IP:pORT
    >

    > However, ALL the cisco documentation refers to voip where the link is transferred using G.771 on VOIP. This is not really ideal where I have to hack Asterisk or something else to get a serial line.
    >

    > I've looked at:
    >

    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fax/configuration/guide/vf_cfg_mdm_psthr.pdf
    >

    > I can create a dial peer and then
    >

    > modem passthrough {system | nse [payload-type number] codec {g711ulaw | g711alaw}
    >

    > But this involves using VOIP, I am actually looking for a much simpler serial0/1:23 asigned to IP:pORT combination. Any dialup activity is passed to IP:pORT to deal with.
    >

    > Any ideas?
    >

    > Ravi

    , Mar 21, 2013