    thanks

    cornchip

    "the simple things you see are all complicated"
    cornchip, Jul 3, 2004

  2. cornchip

    jils Guest

    if you type allmusic into the address bar, and hit ctrl +enter, the www. and
    ..com will be added for you. that one only works with .com addresses. helps a
    bit!

    "cornchip" <> wrote in message
    Is there a way that I can stop typing "www" in my address bar ? I am using
    IE6. I would like to type only the name of the site and press enter and be
    taken there. Like "allmusic" or "websterbank" or what-have-you.

    and yes, I know about favorites (don't use them much) and I know about
    shortcuts on the desktop (hate them) and I am probably not being as
    efficiant as I could be but I still would like to know

    jils, Jul 3, 2004

  3. cornchip

    cornchip Guest

    "jils" <> wrote in message
    > if you type allmusic into the address bar, and hit ctrl +enter, the www.

    and
    > .com will be added for you. that one only works with .com addresses. helps

    > bit!
    >
    > "cornchip" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way that I can stop typing "www" in my address bar ? I am

    using
    > IE6. I would like to type only the name of the site and press enter and

    be
    > taken there. Like "allmusic" or "websterbank" or what-have-you.
    >
    > and yes, I know about favorites (don't use them much) and I know about
    > shortcuts on the desktop (hate them) and I am probably not being as
    > efficiant as I could be but I still would like to know
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > cornchip
    >
    > "the simple things you see are all complicated"

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome

    thanks
    cornchip, Jul 3, 2004
  4. cornchip

    pcbutts1 Guest

    And I thought I was lazy.

    pcbutts1, Jul 3, 2004
  5. "Ctrl" + "Enter"

    @}-}-------Rosee, Jul 3, 2004
  6. cornchip

    Billh Guest

    "cornchip" <> wrote in message

    > "jils" <> wrote in message
    > > if you type allmusic into the address bar, and hit ctrl +enter, the www.

    > and
    > > .com will be added for you. that one only works with .com addresses.

    helps
    > > bit!
    > >
    > > "cornchip" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way that I can stop typing "www" in my address bar ? I am

    > using
    > > IE6. I would like to type only the name of the site and press enter and

    > be
    > > taken there. Like "allmusic" or "websterbank" or what-have-you.
    > >
    > > and yes, I know about favorites (don't use them much) and I know about
    > > shortcuts on the desktop (hate them) and I am probably not being as
    > > efficiant as I could be but I still would like to know
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > cornchip
    > >
    > > "the simple things you see are all complicated"
    > >

    > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome
    >
    > thanks

    I enjoy showing that one to users but the one the floors everyone is the
    alt+TAB to move between open windows. You would think I had preformed
    magic.
    Billh, Jul 3, 2004
  7. cornchip

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Billh" <> wrote in message
    >| "cornchip" <> wrote in message
    >| >
    >| > "jils" <> wrote in message
    >| > and
    >| helps

    >| > using
    >| > be

    >| > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome
    >| >
    >| > thanks
    >|

    >| I enjoy showing that one to users but the one the floors everyone is
    >| the alt+TAB to move between open windows. You would think I had
    >| preformed magic.

    Yeah - I know exactly what you mean! I see people move from the keyboard to
    the mouse all the time at work. Drives me nuts...and no matter how many
    times I show them Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V they just don't get it.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2004
  8. cornchip

    jils Guest

    jesus. that was the first thing i learned when i wanted to surf at work ..
    !!

    jils, Jul 3, 2004
  9. cornchip

    Dodo Guest

    A sign of moron administrators is not resolving www.whatever.com and
    whatever.com to the same web server. It really chaps my ass when I try to go
    to http://nasa.gov/ and there's no web server there. That problem lies in
    DNS and you should send a complaint to the webmaster to get it resolved.

    If you don't want to type the com or net, you can set up a dns suffix search
    list. This can be accomplished in advanced tcp/ip dns settings. Select the
    option the append dns suffixes and set up a list. Such as:
    com
    net
    org
    etc
    etc

    The dns suffix search may not work for web servers that discriminate based
    on host header values, but you could give it a try.
    Dodo, Jul 3, 2004
  10. cornchip

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 20:53:43 -0400, Billh wrote:

    >"cornchip" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "jils" <> wrote in message
    >> > if you type allmusic into the address bar, and hit ctrl +enter, the www.

    >> and
    >> > .com will be added for you. that one only works with .com addresses.

    >helps
    >> > bit!
    >> >
    >> > "cornchip" <> wrote in message
    >> > Is there a way that I can stop typing "www" in my address bar ? I am

    >> using
    >> > IE6. I would like to type only the name of the site and press enter and

    >> be
    >> > taken there. Like "allmusic" or "websterbank" or what-have-you.
    >> >
    >> > and yes, I know about favorites (don't use them much) and I know about

    <snip>
    >> > "the simple things you see are all complicated"
    >> >

    >> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome
    >>
    >> thanks

    >I enjoy showing that one to users but the one the floors everyone is the
    >alt+TAB to move between open windows. You would think I had preformed
    >magic.

    How about this one then, IIRC it's only Win2000/XP (and above) , a
    laptop no external mouse and the mouse pad locked up. How do you get to
    the icons in the Shortcut bar / Tool tray. Requires a keyboard with the
    WinKey.

    Someone discovered this at work.

    Minimise all windows first with WinKey + D

    Ctrl + Tab a few times, this switches between shortcut bar / tool tray /
    start button. The indicator is not easy to see sometimes - start button
    is the regular dotted outline, shortcut bar is a raised background and
    tool tray is a dotted outline.

    Then left / right cursor (or up/down) key to select, and enter to open.

    Me
    why?, Jul 3, 2004