    no less
    just me
    (well what the **** did you expect ?)

    slumpy, Apr 19, 2004

  2. slumpy

    Boomer Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in
    news:c60pe5$6h16s$-berlin.de:

    > Just got the install disk for Linspire and just wondered - if I
    > forego the long-established procedure of using Windows and the
    > regular head-on-wall bangings that go with it, and install Linux,
    > will I go all...you know, /weird/ ??
    >
    > I just don't want to look like Buddy Holly in a badly-fitting
    > hooded nylon top, that's all. Not that there's anything wrong with
    > Buddy Holly, if you are wearing the eyepatches, but I'd rather
    > preserve my hunky good looks, my
    > so-out-of-date-it's-almost-back-in haircut and not have to go
    > through the acne stage again.
    >
    > Please advise.

    You'll be fantastic no matter what. :)

    Boomer, Apr 19, 2004

  3. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    Maybe I should start with the eyebrows first http://tinyurl.com/3c3rc
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 19, 2004
  4. slumpy

    Boomer Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in

    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer
    > decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little
    > gem:
    >
    >>> Just got the install disk for Linspire and just wondered - if I
    >>> forego the long-established procedure of using Windows and the
    >>> regular head-on-wall bangings that go with it, and install
    >>> Linux, will I go all...you know, /weird/ ??
    >>>
    >>> I just don't want to look like Buddy Holly in a badly-fitting
    >>> hooded nylon top, that's all. Not that there's anything wrong
    >>> with Buddy Holly, if you are wearing the eyepatches, but I'd
    >>> rather preserve my hunky good looks, my
    >>> so-out-of-date-it's-almost-back-in haircut and not have to go
    >>> through the acne stage again.
    >>>
    >>> Please advise.

    >> You'll be fantastic no matter what. :)

    > Maybe I should start with the eyebrows first
    > http://tinyurl.com/3c3rc

    Blue is a nice color. :)

    Boomer, Apr 19, 2004
  5. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    >> Maybe I should start with the eyebrows first
    >> http://tinyurl.com/3c3rc

    > Blue is a nice color. :)

    Yeah, that lightly /bruised/ look is in fashion around here. Don't know why
    the women only wear it on one eye tho....
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 19, 2004
  6. slumpy

    boon Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > Just got the install disk for Linspire and just wondered - if I forego the
    > long-established procedure of using Windows and the regular head-on-wall
    > bangings that go with it, and install Linux, will I go all...you know,
    > /weird/ ??

    Those in the Linux circle seem to loathe Lindows. Apparently a lot of 3rd
    party linux stuff either doesnt run or runs really sluggish on it. It has
    something to do with them wanting u to subscribe and download everything
    from their CNR or whatever it was.

    HTH.

    boon, Apr 19, 2004
  7. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel boon decided it
    was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> Just got the install disk for Linspire and just wondered - if I
    >> forego the long-established procedure of using Windows and the
    >> regular head-on-wall bangings that go with it, and install Linux,
    >> will I go all...you know, /weird/ ??
    >>

    > Those in the Linux circle seem to loathe Lindows. Apparently a lot of
    > 3rd party linux stuff either doesnt run or runs really sluggish on
    > it. It has something to do with them wanting u to subscribe and
    > download everything from their CNR or whatever it was.

    Well it didn't work - I got the CD, and they got nuffink !
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 19, 2004
  8. boon wrote:
    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> Just got the install disk for Linspire and just wondered - if I forego the
    >> long-established procedure of using Windows and the regular head-on-wall
    >> bangings that go with it, and install Linux, will I go all...you know,
    >> /weird/ ??

    > Those in the Linux circle seem to loathe Lindows. Apparently a lot of 3rd
    > party linux stuff either doesnt run or runs really sluggish on it. It has
    > something to do with them wanting u to subscribe and download everything
    > from their CNR or whatever it was.

    I would've mentioned the same thing. I've heard both sides; like the IE
    apologists ("everboddy uses it its grate hee hee lol !!!"), there's an
    "its kewl" contingent; but there is also resistance to the $100/year (or
    whatever it is now) subscribe-to-our-software plan, and an undercurrent
    feeling that it's not "real" Linux. As for me, something about it reminds
    me of AOL.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    The Ugliest Cars (mildly adult) http://snipurl.com/ugliest

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 19, 2004
  9. slumpy

    dszady Guest

    Re: a serious question [OT]

    On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:54:44 +0100, slumpy wrote:

    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer decided
    > it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >
    >>> Maybe I should start with the eyebrows first http://tinyurl.com/3c3rc

    Back to [OT], you little cross-posters.
    If you change over to Linux you will still suffer from the head-banging,
    Metallica-loving and the Pepperoni worshipping that you do now. But it
    will just fade away as you get used to it, yourself and the horse you rode
    in on.
    The concept of using Linux isn't hard. It's teliing yourself that "this
    isn't Windows" and the mentality that goes with the years of using it
    bring. Just leave Windows on another partition until you refine one task,
    then another and another until one thousand years from now the transition
    will be complete.
    P.S. Please don't forget to change your underwear in the meantime. There
    will be others who shall worship you in all your Glory. Praise Jesus!

    --
    °¿° Maine SETI@home
    http://earths-ocular.com/

    dszady, Apr 19, 2004
  10. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    Re: a serious question [OT]

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel dszady decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:54:44 +0100, slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer
    >> decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Back to [OT], you little cross-posters.

    I'm not cross.

    In fact I distinctly remember smiling when I sent the post, and my
    neighbour-with-the-complex can verify that, because she called the Police
    about 5 minutes later.

    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 19, 2004
  11. slumpy

    Boomer Guest

    Re: a serious question [OT]

    dszady <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:54:44 +0100, slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel
    >> Boomer decided it was time to put the World to rights with this
    >> little gem:

    > Back to [OT], you little cross-posters.
    > If you change over to Linux you will still suffer from the
    > head-banging, Metallica-loving and the Pepperoni worshipping that
    > you do now. But it will just fade away as you get used to it,
    > yourself and the horse you rode in on.
    > The concept of using Linux isn't hard. It's teliing yourself that
    > "this isn't Windows" and the mentality that goes with the years of
    > using it bring. Just leave Windows on another partition until you
    > refine one task, then another and another until one thousand years
    > from now the transition will be complete.
    > P.S. Please don't forget to change your underwear in the meantime.
    > There will be others who shall worship you in all your Glory.
    > Praise Jesus!

    <waves>

    --
    Nothing has changed over there.

    <sigh>

    Boomer, Apr 19, 2004
  12. slumpy

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > boon wrote:
    >> "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >>> Just got the install disk for Linspire and just wondered - if I forego the
    >>> long-established procedure of using Windows and the regular head-on-wall
    >>> bangings that go with it, and install Linux, will I go all...you know,
    >>> /weird/ ??

    >> Those in the Linux circle seem to loathe Lindows. Apparently a lot of 3rd
    >> party linux stuff either doesnt run or runs really sluggish on it. It has
    >> something to do with them wanting u to subscribe and download everything
    >> from their CNR or whatever it was.

    > I would've mentioned the same thing. I've heard both sides; like the IE
    > apologists ("everboddy uses it its grate hee hee lol !!!"), there's an
    > "its kewl" contingent; but there is also resistance to the $100/year (or
    > whatever it is now) subscribe-to-our-software plan, and an undercurrent
    > feeling that it's not "real" Linux. As for me, something about it reminds
    > me of AOL.

    You wouldn't be too far off in that respect:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A3AA25118

    Any linux outfit that intentionally tries to associate itself to AOL has
    to be short a few ones and zeros.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

    DC, Apr 19, 2004
  13. DC wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> boon wrote:
    >>> "slumpy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Those in the Linux circle seem to loathe Lindows. Apparently a lot
    >>> of 3rd party linux stuff either doesnt run or runs really sluggish
    >>> on it. It has something to do with them wanting u to subscribe and
    >>> download everything from their CNR or whatever it was.

    >> I would've mentioned the same thing. I've heard both sides; like the
    >> IE apologists ("everboddy uses it its grate hee hee lol !!!"),
    >> there's an "its kewl" contingent; but there is also resistance to the
    >> $100/year (or whatever it is now) subscribe-to-our-software plan, and
    >> an undercurrent feeling that it's not "real" Linux. As for me,
    >> something about it reminds me of AOL.

    > You wouldn't be too far off in that respect:
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?A3AA25118

    > Any linux outfit that intentionally tries to associate itself to AOL
    > has to be short a few ones and zeros.

    Yow.

    "Lindows is still claiming that 'Lindows.com engineers worked with AOL
    Time Warner engineers to customize Netscape 7.0 for bundling with
    LindowsOS beginning with Version 2.0. The result is an icon driven
    experience which enables LindowsOS users to connect directly to AOL
    Mail, Chat and Instant Messaging over broadband, the fastest growing
    segment of Internet usage.'"

    AmericaOnLindows

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 19, 2004
  14. slumpy

    fLameDogg Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > I would've mentioned the same thing. I've heard both sides; like the
    > IE apologists ("everboddy uses it its grate hee hee lol !!!"), there's
    > an "its kewl" contingent; but there is also resistance to the
    > $100/year (or whatever it is now) subscribe-to-our-software plan, and
    > an undercurrent feeling that it's not "real" Linux. As for me,
    > something about it reminds me of AOL.

    mee 2!

    fLameDogg, Apr 19, 2004
  15. slumpy

    Boomer Guest

    fLameDogg <> wrote in

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    >
    >> I would've mentioned the same thing. I've heard both sides; like
    >> the IE apologists ("everboddy uses it its grate hee hee lol
    >> !!!"), there's an "its kewl" contingent; but there is also
    >> resistance to the $100/year (or whatever it is now)
    >> subscribe-to-our-software plan, and an undercurrent feeling that
    >> it's not "real" Linux. As for me, something about it reminds me
    >> of AOL.

    > mee 2!

    <waves madly!>

    Boomer, Apr 19, 2004
  16. slumpy

    DC Guest

    fLameDogg wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> I would've mentioned the same thing. I've heard both sides; like the
    >> IE apologists ("everboddy uses it its grate hee hee lol !!!"), there's
    >> an "its kewl" contingent; but there is also resistance to the
    >> $100/year (or whatever it is now) subscribe-to-our-software plan, and
    >> an undercurrent feeling that it's not "real" Linux. As for me,
    >> something about it reminds me of AOL.

    > mee 2!

    Uhhh... did anyone here lose a dogg? }:O)

    DC, Apr 19, 2004
  17. fLameDogg wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> I would've mentioned the same thing. I've heard both sides; like the
    >> IE apologists ("everboddy uses it its grate hee hee lol !!!"), there's
    >> an "its kewl" contingent; but there is also resistance to the
    >> $100/year (or whatever it is now) subscribe-to-our-software plan, and
    >> an undercurrent feeling that it's not "real" Linux. As for me,
    >> something about it reminds me of AOL.

    > mee 2!

    Who let the dogg in? (arf, arf arf)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 20, 2004
  18. slumpy

    Max Guest

    On 04-19-2004, in alt.comp.freeware,
    Ben Cooper <> wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> boon wrote:
    >>> "slumpy" <> wrote in message

    >> I would've mentioned the same thing. I've heard both sides; like
    >> the IE apologists ("everboddy uses it its grate hee hee lol
    >> !!!"), there's an "its kewl" contingent; but there is also
    >> resistance to the $100/year (or whatever it is now)
    >> subscribe-to-our-software plan, and an undercurrent feeling that
    >> it's not "real" Linux. As for me, something about it reminds me
    >> of AOL.

    > Ugh! Posts from Blinky and Boomer in acf on the same day? I feel
    > nauseous.

    Guffaw!!!. Who would have thunk it.

    That benny boy (The $MS shill [Where's your pal bob adkins?]) could
    have tangled with Blinky and Boomer at some point in time. Clearly,
    I've missed months and months of drama in ACF, but benny (bush-e)
    boy is helping to fill in certain blanks.

    Have you put me in that kill-file benny bob? No?. Why don't you
    explain precisely why posts from Blinky and/or Boomer make you
    nauseous?. Feel free to use google groups and pull out MIDs. I'd
    like to see it -> from your perspective of course.

    Oops, silly me for even asking, cuz it taint going to happen! Shame
    on me for intentionally X-posting like I did. ;)

    Right, bunny bob?

    Max

    --
    For every evil under the sun,