A+ scoring

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Bill, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Hi all,

    I took both tests today and passed. Does anyone know how the scoring is
    done. I scored 569 on the OS and 696 on the Hardware.

    I had 80 questions on each and each has a "Scaled range of 100 to 900".
    The passing score was 505 for the OS and 515 for the Hardware.

    I knew I would do better on the hardware, but I'm suprized by the
    seemingly low score on the OS. While taking both tests, I thought I was
    doing pretty good. I spent about 25 minutes on each and had maybe 5
    questions on each that I guessed on.

    As for the test, it was a pretty even mix of items. It didn't ask a
    bunch of questions that would be useless in the real world like many
    practice tests do. In fact, it was easier than most of the practice
    tests. To my relief, there were no trick questions and the ones with
    more than one choice told you how many to choose.

    Bill
    A+

    Bill, Aug 11, 2004

  2. it doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that you passed

    Fred Mathering, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Bill

    graham Guest

    Fred Mathering wrote:
    > it doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that you passed
    >
    > "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>I took both tests today and passed. Does anyone know how the scoring is
    >>done. I scored 569 on the OS and 696 on the Hardware.
    >>
    >>I had 80 questions on each and each has a "Scaled range of 100 to 900".
    >>The passing score was 505 for the OS and 515 for the Hardware.
    >>
    >>I knew I would do better on the hardware, but I'm suprized by the
    >>seemingly low score on the OS. While taking both tests, I thought I was
    >>doing pretty good. I spent about 25 minutes on each and had maybe 5
    >>questions on each that I guessed on.
    >>
    >>As for the test, it was a pretty even mix of items. It didn't ask a
    >>bunch of questions that would be useless in the real world like many
    >>practice tests do. In fact, it was easier than most of the practice
    >>tests. To my relief, there were no trick questions and the ones with
    >>more than one choice told you how many to choose.
    >>
    >>Bill
    >>A+

    Well done mate, i wouldn't be too bothered about the score after all I
    passed with a tiny score of 527 (op) and 555 (hardware) I suppose it's
    more about experience!
    Graham A+

    graham, Aug 11, 2004