  1. Does any one know the passing marks for the A+ Hardware & OS exams?

    --
    Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=, Jan 25, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    SagaBoi17 <> rambled:
    > Does any one know the passing marks for the A+ Hardware & OS exams?

    Yes, some people do. They can probably answer in a more appropriate
    newsgroup.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768's "power of twos" decree prompted me to say this:
    "www.mcngp.com."
    Ken Briscoe, Jan 25, 2005

  3. Since the title of this newsgroup is Certification General, not MCP nor
    Microsoft Certification General. And Microsoft does in fact publish A+
    material for study. I believe that this newsgroup is the most appropriate
    group for me to attain answers to my questions on this site.

    If you do know of a more appropriate newsgroup on this site that will answer
    my questions, please by all means let me know.

    Otherwise, if you have nothing tangible to contribute to this posting do not
    post anything at all, thank-you.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=, Jan 26, 2005
  4. Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jan 26, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    SagaBoi17 <> rambled:
    > Since the title of this newsgroup is Certification General, not MCP
    > nor Microsoft Certification General.

    This is microsoft.public.certification.

    > And Microsoft does in fact
    > publish A+ material for study. I believe that this newsgroup is the
    > most appropriate group for me to attain answers to my questions on
    > this site.

    Microsoft publishes study material for A+? Are you sure about that? I've
    never heard of it.
    Regardless, this is not the most appropriate group for this question. A more
    relevant group would be alt.certification.a-plus. This group is available on
    most news servers, but if it's not available on your ISP's, try google.

    > If you do know of a more appropriate newsgroup on this site that will
    > answer my questions, please by all means let me know.

    See above.

    > Otherwise, if you have nothing tangible to contribute to this posting
    > do not post anything at all, thank-you.

    Again, see above. You're-welcome.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Find the meaning of life at www.mcngp.com. Also, free burritos on
    Thursdays.
    Ken Briscoe, Jan 26, 2005
  6. Yes Microsoft does:
    http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6546.asp
    And Microsoft Press has published A+ books since 1999, at least that this
    the date on my book.
    Look in Microsoft Press and you may discover others you did not think
    existed.

    The newsgroup name is "public.certification"
    Since "microsoft" is in all Microsoft newsgroups, at least the five servers
    I routinely access, that is not enough to state these newsgroups are only
    for Microsoft certifications.

    So it seems this is an appropriate newsgroup.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jan 26, 2005
  7. Wow! Thank-you very much Jupiter, that was exactly what I was looking for.

    Thank-you as well Ken for the additional info.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=, Jan 27, 2005
  8. Yeah as well Microsoft has developed MOC Courses for some CompTIA
    Certifications like the Security+ Exam. I was surprised too the first time I
    found out about this. The biggest reason I think they offer study material
    is because they offer some CompTIA exams as electives for Microsoft Premier
    Certifications. As well I've used ILT to teach some classes and they are a
    bit wordy. Though I'm biased I like the Microsoft books as well I really
    like ElementK.

    Good luck with the A+ exams!

    --
    "The Rev"
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 1, 2005