    I know nothing about routers and the fact we have a g router it doesn't have
    an adapter needed for the computer to work. Was wondering if that is the
    same case with a wireless n router? thanks

    iluv my kitties and family, Mar 2, 2010

  2. iluv my kitties and family

    Pen Guest

    On 3/2/2010 9:43 AM, iluv my kitties and family wrote:
    > Have high speed internet. Have a 3gbsdram. And I have a router that is a g.
    > Would I benefit as far as computer speed on the net with a router that
    > is an n router. Also even though the computer says 802.11 a/go/n
    > wireless I still would have to buy the the adapter that goes into the
    > notebook?
    > I know nothing about routers and the fact we have a g router it doesn't
    > have an adapter needed for the computer to work. Was wondering if that
    > is the same case with a wireless n router? thanks

    Don't bother. N won't increase your internet speed at all.
    If you mean you have 2 computers, a desktop and a notebook
    and only the desktop is N the yes you would have to buy a an
    adapter for the notebook if it's G only. However, unless you
    do extensive file swapping between machines there is little
    benefit to a N local net in your case.

    Pen, Mar 2, 2010

  3. thanks

    iluv my kitties and family, Mar 2, 2010