    repairs.

    Thanks in advance

    JD
    JD, Apr 14, 2004

  2. JD

    Boomer Guest

    "JD" <> wrote in
    news:kl1fc.19136$:

    > I have used the Optimizer for several years and it not only cleans
    > the pc of all kind of things you don't need, It also Finds error's
    > and problems with Windows an fixes them. All this said I am tired
    > of McAfee selling a product, that when you need help they say it
    > is no longer supported. Also I am tired of all their Spam pop
    > ups. Is there another application that I could replace it with.
    > Free would be nice but not necessary.

    Read this group more often. :) °Mike° posts a great link with
    recommended AV's.

    You also might want to read °Mike°'s

    "Basic computer maintenance
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html"

    > I use JV16Power tools but it misses a lot of junk and it doesn't
    > do repairs.

    Yes it does 'repair'.

    What do you want? An AV, popup stopper... and.... ?
    Sorry, I don't know what "McAfee First aid online Optimizer" really
    does.

    You might want to check out these links also.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html
    http://www.freewarehome.com/
    http://www.pricelessware.org/
    http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > JD

    Hope these help.
    Boomer, Apr 14, 2004

  3. JD

    JD Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "JD" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I have used the Optimizer for several years and it not only cleans
    > > the pc of all kind of things you don't need, It also Finds error's
    > > and problems with Windows an fixes them. All this said I am tired
    > > of McAfee selling a product, that when you need help they say it
    > > is no longer supported. Also I am tired of all their Spam pop
    > > ups. Is there another application that I could replace it with.
    > > Free would be nice but not necessary.

    > Read this group more often. :) °Mike° posts a great link with
    > recommended AV's.
    >
    > You also might want to read °Mike°'s
    >
    > "Basic computer maintenance
    > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html"
    >
    > > I use JV16Power tools but it misses a lot of junk and it doesn't
    > > do repairs.

    > Yes it does 'repair'.
    >
    > What do you want? An AV, popup stopper... and.... ?
    > Sorry, I don't know what "McAfee First aid online Optimizer" really
    > does.
    >
    > You might want to check out these links also.
    > http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html
    > http://www.freewarehome.com/
    > http://www.pricelessware.org/
    > http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html
    >

    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > JD

    > Hope these help.

    Thanks Boomer, I'll check these links out tomorrow.
    Sorry thought I explained what I wanted in my original post. Here's a
    more detailed description.

    McAfee First Aid Online is a subscription service that delivers PC
    optimization tools over the Web to enhance your system's performance.

    All PC's experience performance problems of varying degrees as a
    result of normal use. Some of these problems are minor inconveniences,
    such as poor file system performance, poor CD-ROM performance, and
    poor graphics performance. Other problems can be very serious,
    resulting in memory loss or hard disk failure.

    First Aid Online consists of 4 features that will optimize PC
    performance, alert you to potential problems, and help you
    troubleshoot
    ..
    Thanks again, your help is appreciated.
    JD
    JD, Apr 14, 2004
  4. JD

    trout Guest

    JD wrote:

    > I have used the Optimizer for several years and it not only cleans the
    > pc of all kind of things you don't need, It also Finds error's and
    > problems with Windows an fixes them. All this said I am tired of
    > McAfee selling a product, that when you need help they say it is no
    > longer supported. Also I am tired of all their Spam pop ups.
    > Is there another application that I could replace it with. Free
    > would be nice but not necessary.
    >
    > I use JV16Power tools but it misses a lot of junk and it doesn't do
    > repairs.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > JD

    It's generally recommended to stay clear of wonder-programs that try
    to 'do it all'. Better, really, to do regular maintenance (including a
    registry cleaner); keep your OS updated, and run a couple of security
    programs.
    That said; the closest thing I know of to what you're looking for is
    BigFix: http://www.bigfix.com/download/download.html
    --
    "Free for home, non-commercial use."
    trout, Apr 14, 2004
  5. JD

    Boomer Guest

    "JD" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "JD" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > I have used the Optimizer for several years and it not only
    >> > cleans the pc of all kind of things you don't need, It also
    >> > Finds error's and problems with Windows an fixes them. All
    >> > this said I am tired of McAfee selling a product, that when you
    >> > need help they say it is no longer supported. Also I am tired
    >> > of all their Spam pop ups. Is there another application that I
    >> > could replace it with. Free would be nice but not necessary.

    >> Read this group more often. :) °Mike° posts a great link with
    >> recommended AV's.
    >>
    >> You also might want to read °Mike°'s
    >>
    >> "Basic computer maintenance
    >> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html"
    >>
    >> > I use JV16Power tools but it misses a lot of junk and it
    >> > doesn't do repairs.

    >> Yes it does 'repair'.
    >>
    >> What do you want? An AV, popup stopper... and.... ?
    >> Sorry, I don't know what "McAfee First aid online Optimizer"
    >> really does.
    >>
    >> You might want to check out these links also.
    >> http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html
    >> http://www.freewarehome.com/
    >> http://www.pricelessware.org/
    >> http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html
    >>

    >> > Thanks in advance
    >> >
    >> > JD

    >> Hope these help.

    > Thanks Boomer, I'll check these links out tomorrow.

    You're welcome. Hopefully °Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance
    will be all you need.

    Post back if you have any problems.

    Boomer, Apr 14, 2004
  6. JD

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 03:53:17 GMT, in
    <NA2fc.28384$>
    JD scrawleE:

    >"Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "JD" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > I have used the Optimizer for several years and it not only cleans
    >> > the pc of all kind of things you don't need, It also Finds error's
    >> > and problems with Windows an fixes them. All this said I am tired
    >> > of McAfee selling a product, that when you need help they say it
    >> > is no longer supported. Also I am tired of all their Spam pop
    >> > ups. Is there another application that I could replace it with.
    >> > Free would be nice but not necessary.

    >> Read this group more often. :) °Mike° posts a great link with
    >> recommended AV's.
    >>
    >> You also might want to read °Mike°'s
    >>
    >> "Basic computer maintenance
    >> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html"
    >>
    >> > I use JV16Power tools but it misses a lot of junk and it doesn't
    >> > do repairs.

    >> Yes it does 'repair'.
    >>
    >> What do you want? An AV, popup stopper... and.... ?
    >> Sorry, I don't know what "McAfee First aid online Optimizer" really
    >> does.
    >>
    >> You might want to check out these links also.
    >> http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html
    >> http://www.freewarehome.com/
    >> http://www.pricelessware.org/
    >> http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html
    >>

    >> > Thanks in advance
    >> >
    >> > JD

    >> Hope these help.

    >Thanks Boomer, I'll check these links out tomorrow.
    >Sorry thought I explained what I wanted in my original post. Here's a
    >more detailed description.
    >

    >McAfee First Aid Online is a subscription service that delivers PC
    >optimization tools over the Web to enhance your system's performance.
    >
    >All PC's experience performance problems of varying degrees as a
    >result of normal use. Some of these problems are minor inconveniences,
    >such as poor file system performance, poor CD-ROM performance, and
    >poor graphics performance. Other problems can be very serious,
    >resulting in memory loss or hard disk failure.
    >
    >First Aid Online consists of 4 features that will optimize PC
    >performance, alert you to potential problems, and help you
    >troubleshoot
    >.
    >Thanks again, your help is appreciated.
    >JD

    All bullshit and poppycock. You don't need a bloated piece
    of software to clean out your system -- McAfee and software
    like it, will have the opposite effect, on a clean system.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 14, 2004
  7. JD

    JD Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 03:53:17 GMT, in
    > <NA2fc.28384$>
    > JD scrawleE:
    >

    > >"Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > >> "JD" <> wrote in

    cleans

    error's

    tired

    it

    with.

    > >> Read this group more often. :) °Mike° posts a great link with
    > >> recommended AV's.
    > >>
    > >> You also might want to read °Mike°'s
    > >>
    > >> "Basic computer maintenance
    > >> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html"

    doesn't

    > >> Yes it does 'repair'.
    > >>
    > >> What do you want? An AV, popup stopper... and.... ?
    > >> Sorry, I don't know what "McAfee First aid online Optimizer"

    really
    > >> does.
    > >>
    > >> You might want to check out these links also.
    > >> http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html
    > >> http://www.freewarehome.com/
    > >> http://www.pricelessware.org/
    > >> http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html

    > >> Hope these help.

    > >Thanks Boomer, I'll check these links out tomorrow.
    > >Sorry thought I explained what I wanted in my original post. Here's

    > >more detailed description.
    > >

    > >McAfee First Aid Online is a subscription service that delivers PC
    > >optimization tools over the Web to enhance your system's

    performance.

    > >All PC's experience performance problems of varying degrees as a
    > >result of normal use. Some of these problems are minor

    inconveniences,
    > >such as poor file system performance, poor CD-ROM performance, and
    > >poor graphics performance. Other problems can be very serious,
    > >resulting in memory loss or hard disk failure.
    > >
    > >First Aid Online consists of 4 features that will optimize PC
    > >performance, alert you to potential problems, and help you
    > >troubleshoot
    > >.
    > >Thanks again, your help is appreciated.
    > >JD

    > All bullshit and poppycock. You don't need a bloated piece
    > of software to clean out your system -- McAfee and software
    > like it, will have the opposite effect, on a clean system.
    >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    I Agree That's Why I'm trying to replace it with something that isn't
    bloated but maintains Optimizers good features if that is possible.
    kind!
    Mcafee Optimizer has a feature that has in the past, found and
    repaired errors that MIE Internet Tools completely missed .
    This is what I am most interested in replacing but I am seeking a
    recomendation

    Thanks again for your replies
    JD..
    JD, Apr 14, 2004
  8. JD

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:58:52 GMT, in
    <MRffc.23494$>
    JD scrawleE:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> All bullshit and poppycock. You don't need a bloated piece
    >> of software to clean out your system -- McAfee and software
    >> like it, will have the opposite effect, on a clean system.
    >>

    >I Agree That's Why I'm trying to replace it with something that isn't
    >bloated but maintains Optimizers good features if that is possible.
    >When my subscription is up McAfee is History. Bloated is being
    >kind!
    >Mcafee Optimizer has a feature that has in the past, found and
    >repaired errors that MIE Internet Tools completely missed .
    >This is what I am most interested in replacing but I am seeking a
    >recomendation
    >
    >Thanks again for your replies
    >JD..

    What errors? It's hard to recommend methods, or even
    software, without knowing what you are trying to fix.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 14, 2004
  9. JD

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:58:52 GMT, in
    > <MRffc.23494$>
    > JD scrawleE:
    >

    >>"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    > <snip>
    >
    >>> All bullshit and poppycock. You don't need a bloated piece
    >>> of software to clean out your system -- McAfee and software
    >>> like it, will have the opposite effect, on a clean system.
    >>>

    >>I Agree That's Why I'm trying to replace it with something that isn't
    >>bloated but maintains Optimizers good features if that is possible.
    >>When my subscription is up McAfee is History. Bloated is being
    >>kind!
    >>Mcafee Optimizer has a feature that has in the past, found and
    >>repaired errors that MIE Internet Tools completely missed .
    >>This is what I am most interested in replacing but I am seeking a
    >>recomendation
    >>
    >>Thanks again for your replies
    >>JD..

    > What errors? It's hard to recommend methods, or even
    > software, without knowing what you are trying to fix.

    He wants one program to _fix_ everything?!?!! <bg>

    --

    <HCFTH>
    Boomer, Apr 15, 2004
  10. JD

    °Mike° Guest

    On 15 Apr 2004 04:50:33 GMT, in
    <407e1498$0$177$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:58:52 GMT, in
    >> <MRffc.23494$>
    >> JD scrawleE:
    >>

    >>>"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> <snip>

    >>>I Agree That's Why I'm trying to replace it with something that isn't
    >>>bloated but maintains Optimizers good features if that is possible.
    >>>When my subscription is up McAfee is History. Bloated is being
    >>>kind!
    >>>Mcafee Optimizer has a feature that has in the past, found and
    >>>repaired errors that MIE Internet Tools completely missed .
    >>>This is what I am most interested in replacing but I am seeking a
    >>>recomendation
    >>>
    >>>Thanks again for your replies
    >>>JD..

    >> What errors? It's hard to recommend methods, or even
    >> software, without knowing what you are trying to fix.

    >He wants one program to _fix_ everything?!?!! <bg>

    Everybody has one of those. It's called "format.com". <BEG>

    --
    <HCFTH>
    °Mike°, Apr 15, 2004
  11. JD

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On 15 Apr 2004 04:50:33 GMT, in
    > <407e1498$0$177$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:58:52 GMT, in
    >>> <MRffc.23494$>
    >>> JD scrawleE:

    >>> <snip>

    >>> What errors? It's hard to recommend methods, or even
    >>> software, without knowing what you are trying to fix.

    >>He wants one program to _fix_ everything?!?!! <bg>

    > Everybody has one of those. It's called "format.com". <BEG>

    That might work for him. ;o)

    --
    <HCFTH>
    Boomer, Apr 15, 2004