    christmas and everytime I think I have it done, it isn't right, so my
    parents said I can trade list one in for a hard drive one if I want.

    thanks for any help.

    MauiJNP, Jan 9, 2005

  2. MauiJNP

    root Guest

    MauiJNP <> wrote:
    > is there any hard drive dvd standalone recorders for $400?
    >
    > I got a vhs/dvd recorder for christmas but it doesn't have a hard drive and
    > I am having technical difficulties copying the dvdrw I use to record (so I
    > can edit out the commericals) to dvdrs that will play on most people's dvd
    > players. I have been trying to do this successfully since the day after
    > christmas and everytime I think I have it done, it isn't right, so my
    > parents said I can trade list one in for a hard drive one if I want.
    >
    > thanks for any help.

    The Toshiba RDXS32 goes for $370 and is an excellent unit.

    root, Jan 9, 2005

  3. MauiJNP

    Berniez Guest

    Toshiba XS32 $370.00 Amazon There is a cheapy at Walmart for
    around $325.00
    Bernie

    Berniez, Jan 9, 2005
  4. "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    > is there any hard drive dvd standalone recorders for $400?
    >
    > I got a vhs/dvd recorder for christmas but it doesn't have a hard drive
    > and I am having technical difficulties copying the dvdrw I use to record
    > (so I can edit out the commericals) to dvdrs that will play on most
    > people's dvd players. I have been trying to do this successfully since
    > the day after christmas and everytime I think I have it done, it isn't
    > right, so my parents said I can trade list one in for a hard drive one if
    > I want.
    >
    > thanks for any help.

    ==================================

    Panasonic E85 with a 120 Gig HDD for $398.95+$19.95 shipping at
    http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=pricegrabber.com&id=1002357

    Denzil Hathway, Jan 9, 2005
  5. MauiJNP

    Alpha Guest

    The cheapie at walmart is about $280.

    Alpha, Jan 19, 2005
  6. MauiJNP

    Guest

    Don't buy Panasonic and it doesn't support DVD-RW's at all!

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:19:27 -0700, "Denzil Hathway" <>
    wrote:

    >"MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    >> is there any hard drive dvd standalone recorders for $400?
    >>
    >> I got a vhs/dvd recorder for christmas but it doesn't have a hard drive
    >> and I am having technical difficulties copying the dvdrw I use to record
    >> (so I can edit out the commericals) to dvdrs that will play on most
    >> people's dvd players. I have been trying to do this successfully since
    >> the day after christmas and everytime I think I have it done, it isn't
    >> right, so my parents said I can trade list one in for a hard drive one if
    >> I want.
    >>
    >> thanks for any help.

    >==================================
    >
    >Panasonic E85 with a 120 Gig HDD for $398.95+$19.95 shipping at
    >http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=pricegrabber.com&id=1002357

    , Feb 3, 2005
  7. MauiJNP

    Tim Smith Guest

    With a hard drive you don't need the RW, burn to DVD-R only what you want to
    keep.....

    Tim Smith, Feb 3, 2005
  8. MauiJNP

    Guest

    Except you have limited space on a hard drive (80 gigs) with good
    quality recordings. With a rewriteable format you have more options to
    re-record along with the portability.

    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:29:48 -0700, "Tim Smith" <>
    wrote:

    >With a hard drive you don't need the RW, burn to DVD-R only what you want to
    >keep.....
    >

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Don't buy Panasonic and it doesn't support DVD-RW's at all!
    >>
    >> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:19:27 -0700, "Denzil Hathway" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"MauiJNP" <> wrote in message

    >>>Panasonic E85 with a 120 Gig HDD for $398.95+$19.95 shipping at
    >>>http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=pricegrabber.com&id=1002357

    , Feb 6, 2005
  9. You don't read very well do you? I specified that
    the Panasonic E85 I quoted has a 120 Gigabyte HDD! Denzil.

    Denzil Hathway, Feb 6, 2005