    need a good fre antivirus, and spyware. She has an ipod and has
    a computer at work, maybe some lite entertainment ware-dvd
    player, music organizer kinda stuff. Thanks.

    DrDan, Aug 30, 2007

  2. DrDan

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "DrDan" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns999C6F9AECD1DrDan@216.196.97.131...
    > ...has made it necessary to install winxp pro sp2 on my
    > daughters machine. If you can recomend any of the good stuff
    > out there to install I'd appreciate it. I have open office, I
    > need a good fre antivirus, and spyware. She has an ipod and has
    > a computer at work, maybe some lite entertainment ware-dvd
    > player, music organizer kinda stuff. Thanks.

    Best free DVD player (IMO) is VLC:
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

    I use AVG free antivirus on some of my systems:
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/

    Anti-spyware, I have these installed:
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    Windows Defender
    Adaware 2007

    All of those can be downloaded from www.download.com

    WhzzKdd, Aug 30, 2007

  3. DrDan

    Cub Guest

    "DrDan" <> wrote in message
    > ...has made it necessary to install winxp pro sp2 on my
    > daughters machine. If you can recomend any of the good stuff
    > out there to install I'd appreciate it. I have open office, I
    > need a good fre antivirus, and spyware. She has an ipod and has
    > a computer at work, maybe some lite entertainment ware-dvd
    > player, music organizer kinda stuff. Thanks.

    AVG for Virus protection (Free) Google for it

    Zone Alarm for Firewall (Free) Google for it

    DAP download accelerator for "improving download times" (Free) Google for it

    WinPatrol startup manager
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/WinPatrol.shtml

    SnapFiles for loads of Freeware Google for it

    Hope this helps

    Cub, Aug 30, 2007
  4. DrDan

    Kenny Guest

    Add to that basic image editing and more Irfanview:
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    Make sure you get the plugins as well.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Aug 30, 2007
  5. DrDan

    Guest

    DrDan <> wrote:

    >...has made it necessary to install winxp pro sp2 on my
    >daughters machine. If you can recomend any of the good stuff
    >out there to install I'd appreciate it. I have open office, I
    >need a good fre antivirus, and spyware. She has an ipod and has
    >a computer at work, maybe some lite entertainment ware-dvd
    >player, music organizer kinda stuff. Thanks.

    www.Utorrent.com for your torrent client.

    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php for those ISO's you
    download.

    And a great game to play
    http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3611525/Microsoft_Pandora_s_Box
    --
    15 Unfortunately Placed Ads
    http://www.oddee.com/item_88961.aspx

    , Aug 30, 2007
  6. DrDan

    DrDan Guest

    DrDan <> wrote in

    > ...has made it necessary to install winxp pro sp2 on my
    > daughters machine. If you can recomend any of the good
    > stuff out there to install I'd appreciate it. I have open
    > office, I need a good fre antivirus, and spyware. She has
    > an ipod and has a computer at work, maybe some lite
    > entertainment ware-dvd player, music organizer kinda stuff.
    > Thanks.

    Thanks for the recomendations, I will be checking them out
    tonight. How about micrsofts offerings? Media palyer 11,
    defender, IE6 (I am a firefox fan myself) Are they any good??

    DrDan, Aug 31, 2007
  7. DrDan

    Spuds Guest

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:58:17 -0500, DrDan <> wrote:

    >...has made it necessary to install winxp pro sp2 on my
    >daughters machine. If you can recomend any of the good stuff
    >out there to install I'd appreciate it. I have open office, I
    >need a good fre antivirus, and spyware. She has an ipod and has
    >a computer at work, maybe some lite entertainment ware-dvd
    >player, music organizer kinda stuff. Thanks.

    Acronis TrueImage. Not free, but worth every penny, IMHO.

    Spuds, Aug 31, 2007