    isn't specified!
    It appears that some setting in the mandatory profile is causing this.

    Does anybody have any suggestions?
    David, Dec 17, 2003

  2. What's different between the old and new mandatory profiles?

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Copy the mandatory profile to a new location and rename ntuser.man to
    ntuser.dat and point an admin user at the profile.

    Fix it and reverse your steps

    Marlin Munrow, Dec 17, 2003
  4. David

    David Guest

    The new profile has several fixes to allow some software to run properly on
    the network. I don't want to re-build the profile from scratch as it was
    quite time consuming to apply all the software fixes to the profile.

    Thanks for the quick response.

    David, Dec 17, 2003
  5. In article <3fe09b7e$0$28697$>,
    says...
    > I have a problem with a mandatory user profile.
    >
    > We are using scripting technologies to deploy printers on the network. We
    > can specify whether these are the "default" printer or not. If a computer
    > has a local printer and a network printer that is not set as default, the
    > local printer should be used as default. This works fine on our old
    > mandatory profile and for anybody using a local profile. Users using our
    > new profile always get a networked printer as default though (even if this
    > is not specified in the script).
    > This will happen for all computers with local printers that also have
    > network printers - The network printer is always default - even when this
    > isn't specified!
    > It appears that some setting in the mandatory profile is causing this.
    >
    > Does anybody have any suggestions?

    In the mandatory profile, are printers installed?

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson [MVP], Dec 17, 2003
  6. David

    David Guest

    No - I deleted any printers before I uploaded the profile.

    David, Dec 18, 2003