    normal XP on it. Can i install over XP but keep everything (desktop layout,
    My Documents, program registry) the same?

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?cXVpdHRlcg==?=, Oct 26, 2005

  2. No. XP Professional x64 Edition can only be installed as a fresh
    installation. There is no upgrade path from 32-bit XP.

    Also, please see http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/09/02/65120.aspx
    for more on making sure you have the right Files and Settings Transfer
    Wizard to migrate as much of your settings as possible.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 26, 2005

  3. ahh, thanks. Got a hard drive lying about. I'll slap him in and see if it
    works and give it a shot. Cheers.

    --
    -Scott
    =?Utf-8?B?UXVpdHRlcg==?=, Oct 26, 2005