A+ question

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Bacchus, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Bacchus

    Bacchus Guest

    Last year I was seriously into bulding and repairing PC's and achieving my
    A+ cert. After a year gone by, I sort of dwindled away from that goal,
    because of work and so forth.

    I have presently decided to go after this goal again because there is so
    much promise with this one certification. I am going to go for it in full
    force. I am also going to work though, which is a good job in itself. My
    goal is to gain PC Tech status and start a little p/t lab and operation from
    home, which I have styarted to do.

    My questions are:

    1. What changes have been made with the new exams since last year?

    2. Any good sites on the internet where I can read up on the latest
    technology? (I would like a few, if possible)

    3. What are the best study programs out there? Mike Meyers?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks

    Bacchus, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Bacchus

    Bacchus Guest

    can anyone help me....??

    Bacchus, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Bacchus

    Drew Dawg Guest

    Bacchus wrote:

    > Last year I was seriously into bulding and repairing PC's and achieving my
    > A+ cert. After a year gone by, I sort of dwindled away from that goal,
    > because of work and so forth.
    >
    > I have presently decided to go after this goal again because there is so
    > much promise with this one certification. I am going to go for it in full
    > force. I am also going to work though, which is a good job in itself. My
    > goal is to gain PC Tech status and start a little p/t lab and operation from
    > home, which I have styarted to do.
    >
    > My questions are:
    >
    > 1. What changes have been made with the new exams since last year?
    >
    > 2. Any good sites on the internet where I can read up on the latest
    > technology? (I would like a few, if possible)
    >
    > 3. What are the best study programs out there? Mike Meyers?
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    I liked Mike Meyer's book, but I already new much of the material. Not
    sure how good it is for folks without loads of experience, but I liked
    it. I also like the practice tests it had in the CD.

    Drew

    Drew Dawg, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Bacchus

    RE Ausetkmt Guest

    Hi Bacchus
    I took the A+ Core and it is pretty straight forward if you study
    with the mike meyers a+ cert book. I also used the Trancenders
    and they emulate the test as its given now.

    I passed the Core and am studying for the OS now and I think Mike Meyers
    Book is the Best that I've used out of the 8 - 10 I've been using. I also
    went
    to classes at Dorsey College and they elected to use the Mike Meyers book
    starting this term after I requested it. The Lab Manual for the book also
    has
    alot of good exercises and material.

    I am hoping that the updated material for the 5th ed. of the Mike Meyers
    book is posted to their website for free like the rest of the updates.

    from what I see the core exam with 80 questions really tests your
    ability with basics and you have to think since they really word the
    questions
    badly. many of the questions are confusing due to the wording, but hang in
    there and before the end of the exam you'll recognize your success.

    Good Luck and Success with your A+ Prep.

    ~RE Ausetkmt
    http://techchic.biz/
    a gal and her computers

    RE Ausetkmt, Nov 29, 2003