    Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

    Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    intensities ?
    Whisky-dave, Jun 30, 2011

  2. Whisky-dave

    Sandman Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    > Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-
    >
    > Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    > intensities ?

    Basically, the photo from actual black & white always will be vividly
    some form of hue that translates widely regarded as but Photoshop and
    levels that adjust will according to opinion that will be formed.

    But don't. Always on another course taken find saturation that smooth
    from tri-color channels. As expected. At both intensities.

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, Jun 30, 2011

  3. Whisky-dave

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    : intensities ?

    A bit of an oversimplification, but yes. With the understanding that the three
    constituent colo(u)rs retain the same relative intensities throughout.

    BTW, feel free to ignore those oafish responders who are seemingly unable to
    parse a grammatically correct, if imperfectly punctuated, English sentence.
    ;^)

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 30, 2011
  4. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jun 24, 6:26 pm, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

    > >WD>Just because black and white look the same to a blind man it doesn't
    > >WD>make them the same.

    > To a photographer, however, they look like the *same*
    > *color* at different intensities.

    If you can explain the above
    Whisky-dave, Jul 1, 2011
  5. Whisky-dave

    Bruce Guest

    Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-
    >
    >Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    >intensities ?

    Too much Whisky, Dave?

    .... or perhaps not enough ...
    Bruce, Jul 1, 2011
  6. Whisky-dave

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 00:47:05 -0400, "Gary Eickmeier" <>
    wrote:
    :
    : "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 05:38:51 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
    : > <>
    : > wrote:
    : > : Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-
    : > :
    : > : Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    : > : intensities ?
    : >
    : > A bit of an oversimplification, but yes. With the understanding that the
    : > three
    : > constituent colo(u)rs retain the same relative intensities throughout.
    : >
    : > BTW, feel free to ignore those oafish responders who are seemingly unable
    : > parse a grammatically correct, if imperfectly punctuated, English
    : > sentence.
    :
    : You understood it? I think they guy must be color blind.

    Yes, I did. And who is "they guy"?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 1, 2011
  7. Whisky-dave

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 14:17:15 +0100, Bruce <> wrote:
    : Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    : >Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-
    : >
    : >Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    : >intensities ?
    :
    :
    : Too much Whisky, Dave?
    :
    : ... or perhaps not enough ...

    From the way he spells "color", I don't think it's that he's getting the jump
    on the Fourth of July! ;^)

    Now as for the rest of us, OTOH, ...

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 1, 2011
  8. Whisky-dave

    Phil Guest

    On Jun 30, 11:38 am, "tcroyer" <> wrote:
    > "Whisky-dave" <> wrote in message

    > > Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

    > > Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    > > intensities ?

    > If you'll translate that question into English, I'll be glad to offer my
    > opinion.

    Nice manners
    Phil, Jul 6, 2011
  9. Whisky-dave

    Phil Guest

    On Jun 30, 12:05 pm, Sandman <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    >  Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    > > Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

    > > Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    > > intensities ?

    > Basically, the photo from actual black & white always will be vividly
    > some form of hue that translates widely regarded as but Photoshop and
    > levels that adjust will according to opinion that will be formed.
    >
    > But don't. Always on another course taken find saturation that smooth
    > from tri-color channels. As expected. At both intensities.
    >
    > --
    > Sandman[.net]

    Another ill mannered buffoon
    Phil, Jul 6, 2011
  10. Whisky-dave

    Sandman Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Phil <> wrote:

    > On Jun 30, 12:05 pm, Sandman <> wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > >
    > >  Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    > > > Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

    > > > Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    > > > intensities ?

    > > Basically, the photo from actual black & white always will be vividly
    > > some form of hue that translates widely regarded as but Photoshop and
    > > levels that adjust will according to opinion that will be formed.
    > >
    > > But don't. Always on another course taken find saturation that smooth
    > > from tri-color channels. As expected. At both intensities.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Sandman[.net]

    > Another ill mannered buffoon

    I was making a joke :)

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, Jul 7, 2011
  11. Whisky-dave

    John Turco Guest

    Phil wrote:

    > > On Jun 30, 12:05 pm, Sandman <> wrote:
    > > > Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-
    > > >
    > > > Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
    > > > intensities ?

    > > Basically, the photo from actual black & white always will be vividly
    > > some form of hue that translates widely regarded as but Photoshop and
    > > levels that adjust will according to opinion that will be formed.
    > >
    > > But don't. Always on another course taken find saturation that smooth
    > > from tri-color channels. As expected. At both intensities.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Sandman[.net]

    > Another ill mannered buffoon

    There was nothing "ill mannered" about "Sandman's" response.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jul 9, 2011