    BBC One Digital Signal: "Sorry, we are unable to assist in this
    recording as the signal is copy protected"
    , Feb 2, 2006

  2. Biz Guest

    It seems BBC One digital is using te copy protection flag (also called
    broadcast flag)on their signal....

    Biz, Feb 2, 2006

  3. John Howells Guest

    <> wrote

    > Can anyone explain why this may be the case?

    Nobody will be able to help much until you indicate what you are actually
    doing, and using what kit. And with the extra information you might then be
    better trying the uk.tech.digital-tv group.

    > BBC One Anaglogue Signal: I recorded the Midnight Mass service on
    > Christmas Eve on DVD High Quality without any problems on Christmas Eve
    >
    > BBC One Digital Signal: "Sorry, we are unable to assist in this
    > recording as the signal is copy protected"

    What make and model of recorder from what source? Is this a DVD recorder
    with integrated Freeview? Or is it a Freeview box to a separate DVD
    recorder? Or is it a PVR and you are trying to archive the programme? Or
    what???

    John Howells
    John Howells, Feb 2, 2006