A question on HDLC bit stuffing

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by ferrero, May 16, 2009.

  1. ferrero

    ferrero

    Joined:
    May 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi guys,

    my first post here. I have a tutorial question and i am stuck. Hope all the gurus here can help me pls?

    The question goes...

    Consider HDLC protocol.

    Apply the bit stuffing rule to the following data string and obtain the output string

    01111001 10111110 11111101 00000010

    B) What happens at the receiver if the trasmitted sequence is received without errors?

    C) What happens at thre receiver if the trasmitted sequence is received with a single bit error in the 16th transmitted bit

    Thanks in advance....

    ferrero, May 16, 2009