    anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?

    Cheers,

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Feb 12, 2008

  2. Gordon Henderson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in
    message news:fosodi$1u96$
    : : Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today
    : : about looking for a device to do call logging on an
    : : analogue (POTS) line. I need to log outgoing calls -
    : : number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
    : : but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping
    : : call logs, so anyone out there have one and sees if it
    : : does indeed log calls?

    It does indeed. The call log shows incoming and outgoing calls plus
    unanswered calls. It also shows the caller ID of an incoming call if
    available, plus the number of the line used to make outgoing calls.

    You can also enable "click to dial" whereby you click on a number in the
    list and it will be dialled for you.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 12, 2008

  3. Gordon Henderson

    Dave Guest

    In message <fosodi$1u96$>, Gordon Henderson
    <> writes
    >Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
    >device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
    >outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
    >but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
    >anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Gordon

    Short answer - yes.

    From call list help screen :-

    Call List
    All successful outgoing calls and all incoming calls are recorded in the
    Call List.

    Call List

    The columns in the Call List mean the following:

    The icon at the beginning of each individual entry indicates whether
    the call was incoming or outgoing.
    Date This field specifies the exact point in time (date and time) at
    which the call arrived or was placed.
    Name/Number For outgoing calls, the destination number is displayed
    here. Incoming calls are displayed with their number if the callers have
    enabled the transmission of the Caller ID. Callers included in your
    telephone book are displayed by name in the list. If the number is
    marked in blue, you can dial the number by simply clicking the list
    entry.
    Extension For outgoing calls, the extension from which the call was
    placed is shown. For incoming calls, the display here shows which
    extension was called.
    Outgoing Caller ID For outgoing and incoming calls, the connection type
    and the local number used to place the call are displayed here.
    Dur. The duration of the call in minutes is shown here.

    Buttons

    Save Saves the Call List to a file.
    The download dialog of your browser opens and you can save the Call List
    as a text file in CSV format. The text file can then be opened and
    evaluated statistically with an appropriate application like a
    spreadsheet program. If you do not specify a name for the file in the
    download dialog, it is saved under the name "FRITZ!Box_CallList.csv".
    Delete List Deletes the Call List.
    Refresh Refreshes the the call list display.

    HTH

    Dave

    Dave, Feb 12, 2008
  4. In article <>, Dave <> wrote:
    >In message <fosodi$1u96$>, Gordon Henderson
    ><> writes
    >>Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
    >>device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
    >>outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
    >>but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
    >>anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Gordon

    >Short answer - yes.
    >
    > From call list help screen :-

    Excellent. Thanks (and Thanks to Ivor too)

    Cheers,

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Feb 12, 2008
  5. Gordon Henderson

    Herman Guest

    > In article <>, Dave <>
    > wrote:
    >>In message <fosodi$1u96$>, Gordon Henderson
    >><> writes
    >>>Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
    >>>device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
    >>>outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
    >>>but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
    >>>anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?
    >>>
    >>>Cheers,
    >>>
    >>>Gordon

    >>Short answer - yes.
    >>
    >> From call list help screen :-

    > Excellent. Thanks (and Thanks to Ivor too)
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Gordon

    It can also e-mail you on a daily, weekly or monthly basis an HTML list
    together with a csv file called push service.
    Herman, Feb 12, 2008
  6. In message <fot27v$5r3$>, Herman
    <> writes
    >"Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, Dave <>
    >> wrote:
    >>>In message <fosodi$1u96$>, Gordon Henderson
    >>><> writes

    >>>Short answer - yes.
    >>>
    >>> From call list help screen :-

    >> Excellent. Thanks (and Thanks to Ivor too)
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Gordon

    >It can also e-mail you on a daily, weekly or monthly basis an HTML list
    >together with a csv file called push service.

    How do you configure this? I can't find it anywhere under 'Telephony'.

    Thanks.

    Malcolm
    Malcolm Loades, Feb 13, 2008
  7. Gordon Henderson

    JohnF Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > In message <fosodi$1u96$>, Gordon Henderson
    > <> writes
    >>Posted a question over on uk.telecom earlier today about looking for a
    >>device to do call logging on an analogue (POTS) line. I need to log
    >>outgoing calls - number/time/duration, and a Fritz box was suggested,
    >>but I can't find any hint in the manual of it keeping call logs, so
    >>anyone out there have one and sees if it does indeed log calls?
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Gordon

    > Short answer - yes.

    snip . . .

    But it only stores the most recent 399 calls before overwriting :)
    and looks something like:

    Date Name / Number Extension Outgoing
    Caller ID Dur.
    13.02.08 09:54 12800789xxx4603 DECT Phones Fixed-line network 0:01
    13.02.08 09:33 012xxx29522 DECT Phones Voipfone
    0:02
    12.02.08 16:35 Anne DECT Phones Voipfone
    0.12

    JohnF
    JohnF, Feb 13, 2008
  8. Gordon Henderson

    Dave Thorn Guest

    In message <>, Malcolm Loades
    <> writes
    >In message <fot27v$5r3$>, Herman
    ><> writes
    >>"Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    >>It can also e-mail you on a daily, weekly or monthly basis an HTML list
    >>together with a csv file called push service.
    >>

    >How do you configure this? I can't find it anywhere under 'Telephony'.

    Settings,system

    Dave
    Dave Thorn, Feb 13, 2008