A question for Sony V1 owners

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Scott, Aug 9, 2004.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Was looking to pick up one of these, but was wondering about the WB
    issue. During what conditions does the blue cast appear? I don't mind a
    little post-processing, as all digital images could use a tweak to get the
    best from them, but to go out and take a lot of pics then have to post
    process all of them extensively could get annoying. Does the casting occur
    in any definite conditions, or is it more a case of 'more likely to' under
    certain conditions.

    Also, the WB issue has been mentioned in regards to the DSC-P100 as well.
    I had a P10 which worked nicely, but the casting did show up during snow
    shots and a couple of backlit subjects, where the subjects were mostly white
    (sunset may have contributed to that as well, I don't know).

    Any ideas or comments?

    Thanks,
    Scott

    Scott, Aug 9, 2004