    90 min or so that the en el1 does too.
    regards,
    mutt

    mutt, Apr 13, 2004

  2. mutt

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:35:48 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "mutt"
    <> wrote:

    >does anyone here use the accessory grip/battery holder for the coolpix 5700?
    >Id like to know what kind of batteries work best in the battery pack and if
    >the the high capacity rechargables work well or if I would be better off
    >getting a couple of the en-el 1 battery that goes in the camera body. Im
    >considering the battery pack as my next purchase at least in part to give my
    >big mitts something to hold onto as I find the 5700 small compaired to my
    >old fe. It would be nice to have something that would last longer than the
    >90 min or so that the en el1 does too.

    Yes high cap. NiMh will work, with a caveat. Early ones had a problem with
    high cap. batts that didn't adhere to the IEEE dimensional specs. Many high
    cap batts don't. Last summer when I went through this it seemed Nikon Tech
    had a quiet warranty fix, once you got someone the admit there was an issue
    and they had taken action before. Details are at:
    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/CP_5700/Nits/Cp5700_nits.html

    The grip does provide a very welcome place for my left had and I've never
    used the camera without since getting unless I'm fully out of sets of AA's
    and have to resort to the original battery.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Apr 14, 2004