    My question; What papers do you use for your high quality exhibition prints?
    I am looking at sizes up to A3+.

    John

    Eatmorepies, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Eatmorepies

    Mark² Guest

    Eatmorepies wrote:
    > As you may see in my previous post I am experimenting with a couple of
    > different papers and inks.
    >
    > My question; What papers do you use for your high quality exhibition
    > prints? I am looking at sizes up to A3+.
    >
    > John

    Not usually Premium Glossy or other high-gloss papers.
    :)
    I'm no exhibition expert, but you'll usually see mattes, art papers
    (PhotoRag, etc.), and other less-glossy papers.

    Ultra Chrome inks (R800, R180, 4000, 4800, 9600 printers) are especially
    well-suited to these non-glossy surfaces.

    Mark², Oct 14, 2005

  3. Eatmorepies

    tomm101 Guest

    Eatmorepies wrote:
    > As you may see in my previous post I am experimenting with a couple of
    > different papers and inks.
    >
    > My question; What papers do you use for your high quality exhibition prints?
    > I am looking at sizes up to A3+.
    >
    > John

    Depends on what printer you are using.

    The HP Designjet and the Epson R1800, R800 are designed for photo
    glossy and luster. I believe they will do well on selected art paper
    stocks.

    The Epson 2200, 2400, 4000, 4800 etc are better on fine art stocks,
    though the new K3 inks are better on gloss

    If you are using a dye ink from Canon, Epson, or HP. I'd check with the
    manufacturer on what papers of the surface you want are available.
    Epson has their ColoLife paper for glossy prints. But the Premium
    Luster is sure to fade with dye inks. The folks at www.inkjetart.com
    are very knowlegable and carry a vast assortment of papers, as is
    www.mediastreet.com.

    Have fun
    Tom

    tomm101, Oct 14, 2005