    internet and pays good interest too. Since Lloyds took over the TSB they
    have been hopeless and I could not even activate my card on the phone, they
    speak fast in a dialect I cannot understand Hank
    Hank, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Hank wrote:

    > I would recomend anyone to go to see Nationwide. Their Flex account is great

    Anyone? Are you going to pay my airfare to come to your country every time I
    need to use a teller?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Hank

    Old Gringo Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Hank wrote:
    >

    >>I would recomend anyone to go to see Nationwide. Their Flex account is great

    > Anyone? Are you going to pay my airfare to come to your country every time I
    > need to use a teller?

    He probably meant Anyone within a mile or two. :)

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Old Gringo wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Hank wrote:

    >>>I would recomend anyone to go to see Nationwide. Their Flex account is great

    >> Anyone? Are you going to pay my airfare to come to your country every time I
    >> need to use a teller?

    > He probably meant Anyone within a mile or two. :)

    The UK is that big?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Hank

    philo Guest

    "Hank" <> wrote in message
    > I would recomend anyone to go to see Nationwide. Their Flex account is

    great
    > with a check book and card too. Their e-account can be worked on the
    > internet and pays good interest too. Since Lloyds took over the TSB they
    > have been hopeless and I could not even activate my card on the phone,

    they
    > speak fast in a dialect I cannot understand Hank

    here in the US
    my bank pays 0.2 % interest

    there is a crook here somewhere!

    i'd probably do better just keeping my money under a mattress
    (could i afford one, that is)
    philo, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Hank

    Scraggy Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Anyone? Are you going to pay my airfare to come to your country
    >>> every time I need to use a teller?

    >> He probably meant Anyone within a mile or two. :)

    > The UK is that big?

    Course it is, needs to be that big to land your B52s on.

    --
    I told his psychiatrist that everyone hates him. He said I was being
    ridiculous - everyone hasn't met him yet. Rodney Dangerfield
    Scraggy, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Scraggy wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> He probably meant Anyone within a mile or two. :)

    >> The UK is that big?

    > Course it is, needs to be that big to land your B52s on.

    Good point. So it's a couple miles long and what...500 feet wide?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005
  8. Hank

    dreadnought Guest

    The UK isn't all that big , but you wouldn't like to paint it.
    dreadnought, Mar 2, 2005
  9. Hank

    Scraggy Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Scraggy wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> The UK is that big?

    >> Course it is, needs to be that big to land your B52s on.

    > Good point. So it's a couple miles long and what...500 feet wide?

    <Sniffs....loudly> We like to think nearer the 1000' Allows for formation
    take off.
    Here's a recent practice.

    http://www.mcgirt.net/RC/VIDEOS/Giant_B52/B52_flight2.wmv

    Scraggy, Mar 2, 2005
  10. Scraggy wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Scraggy wrote:

    >>> Course it is, needs to be that big to land your B52s on.

    >> Good point. So it's a couple miles long and what...500 feet wide?

    ><Sniffs....loudly> We like to think nearer the 1000' Allows for formation
    > take off.
    > Here's a recent practice.

    What would be cool would be the Thunderbirds (the USAF aerobatic
    demonstration team) using B-52s. :)

    > http://www.mcgirt.net/RC/VIDEOS/Giant_B52/B52_flight2.wmv

    I'm downloading the wmv now (dialup, here), and thinking that I'll bet
    it's the video of the huge radio controlled model crashing...

    <coffee break>

    ....the download busted. Is that what it is, the model?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 2, 2005
  11. Hank

    Scraggy Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Scraggy wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Good point. So it's a couple miles long and what...500 feet wide?

    >> <Sniffs....loudly> We like to think nearer the 1000' Allows for
    >> formation take off.
    >> Here's a recent practice.

    > What would be cool would be the Thunderbirds (the USAF aerobatic
    > demonstration team) using B-52s. :)
    >
    >> http://www.mcgirt.net/RC/VIDEOS/Giant_B52/B52_flight2.wmv

    > I'm downloading the wmv now (dialup, here), and thinking that I'll bet
    > it's the video of the huge radio controlled model crashing...
    >
    > <coffee break>
    >
    > ...the download busted. Is that what it is, the model?

    Yeah, but not the crash....I was saving that for the next cheap shot. :)

    Scraggy, Mar 2, 2005
  12. Hank

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Mar 2, 2005
  13. Gordon wrote:

    > Bloody hell - 29 MB and NO crash!

    Ask nice and I'll betcha scraggy will provide a link for it. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 2, 2005
  14. Hank

    Scraggy Guest

    Scraggy, Mar 2, 2005