    Thanks for any help.

    /PS i hate 50htz TVS, or 60 or whatever pal is in Australia i can see
    the flicker and HATE IT, but you have to live with it :(

    The Lonley one, Jan 13, 2005

  2. >Though i have read 50 to 75 selectable, or i could have gooten this
    >right, even if it was 75 i can still see the flicker on my monitor at
    >75, have to haveit at 85 atleast.

    Interlaced video with relatively low refresh may yield flickering not just
    because of the video system used, but also what's used as a reference for the
    refresh: your powerline frequency.

    >Distance from the Tv can this make the flicker less. I intend to watch
    >the Tv about 3 metres away, will this make it any better, the further
    >away the better ??

    Maybe, maybe not. The flickering will still be there, but it might be less
    annoying. Besides, if you have a large screen, you should not sit very close
    to the display anyways.

    >/PS i hate 50htz TVS, or 60 or whatever pal is in Australia i can see
    >the flicker and HATE IT, but you have to live with it :(

    PAL is 50Hz, but 1080i is HDTV, which has nothing to do with PAL. But that
    still may not change the fact that your set may run at 50Hz refresh because of
    your powerline frequency.

    That is one benefit with NTSC or running a set with 60Hz line frequency. With
    the fact that the refresh is 10 cycles faster, the flicker isn't quite as
    annoying.

    Now what's better is SVGA on your computer monitor, being capable of running
    progressive at multiple refresh frequencies regardless of powerline frequency.
    - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Jan 14, 2005