    Anyone know of anything?

    Thanks,

    Metaphor.
    Metaphor, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Metaphor

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Metaphor said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a program that can make a numbered list, I'll give you an
    > example:
    >
    > James1
    > James2
    > James3
    > James4
    > James5
    >
    > And I'd want to be able to make this go from James1 to James10000.
    >
    > Anyone know of anything?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Metaphor.

    Excel?
    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Excel. Or practically any spreadsheet.

    eric the seal, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Metaphor

    Trent C Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a program that can make a numbered list, I'll give you an

    example:

    > James1
    > James2
    > James3
    > James4
    > James5
    >
    > And I'd want to be able to make this go from James1 to James10000.
    >
    > Anyone know of anything?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Metaphor.

    Took about 30 seconds to do this in Excel:
    James1

    James2

    James3

    James4

    James5

    James6

    James7

    James8

    James9

    James10

    James11

    James12

    James13

    James14

    James15

    James16

    James17

    James18

    James19

    James20

    James21

    James22

    James23

    James24

    James25

    James26

    James27

    James28

    James29

    James30

    James31

    James32

    James33

    James34

    James35

    James36

    James37

    James38

    James39

    James40

    James41

    James42

    James43

    James44

    James45

    James46

    James47

    James48

    James49

    James50

    James51

    James52

    James53

    James54

    James55

    James56

    James57

    James58

    James59

    James60

    James61

    James62

    James63

    James64

    James65

    James66

    James67

    James68

    James69

    James70

    James71

    James72

    James73

    James74

    James75

    James76

    James77

    James78

    James79

    James80

    James81

    James82

    James83

    James84

    James85

    James86

    James87

    James88

    James89

    James90

    James91

    James92

    James93

    James94

    James95

    James96

    James97

    James98

    James99

    James100
    Trent C, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Thank Heavens...I thought that you were going all the way 10 James10000...

    For the OP:
    Write James1 in cell A1
    Write James2 under it
    select both cells and drag them down until you get to whatever number you
    want. Save it as an ASCII text file, if that is what you want..
    Should have asked what you want it for? The Royal Family over the next
    millenia???

    eric the seal, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Metaphor

    Richard Guest

    Metaphor wrote:

    > Hi,

    > I'm looking for a program that can make a numbered list, I'll give you an
    > example:

    > James1
    > James2
    > James3
    > James4
    > James5

    > And I'd want to be able to make this go from James1 to James10000.

    > Anyone know of anything?

    > Thanks,

    > Metaphor.

    Basic, gwbasic, qbasic, and even javascript would do the trick.

    You could probably even do it with a dos batch file.

    var myname = James
    for i=1 to 1000 {myname=myname+i}

    or in basic:

    10 myname$="james"