    You can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He
    could see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos.
    It's for sale.
    iman gowhari, May 14, 2007

  2. iman gowhari wrote:
    > Hi
    > I have a software that can lock an image or a series of images.
    > You can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He
    > could see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos.

    I don't believe you.

    > It's for sale.

    Which makes this spam. Goodbye *plonk*
    Richard Polhill, May 14, 2007

  3. iman gowhari

    Pete D Guest

    OMG, OMG, OMG, thats fantastic. Sadly you did not show us where to buy this
    wonderous tool. :-(

    Pete D, May 14, 2007
  4. iman gowhari

    iman gowhari Guest

    I send it to Richard Polhill for free (give me your address please).
    But I write this message here to find a price for it.
    Thanks
    iman gowhari, May 14, 2007
  5. iman gowhari

    Koekje Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.photography.]
    iman gowhari enlightened us with:
    > I have a software that can lock an image or a series of images. You
    > can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He could
    > see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos.

    Great, how does it work? Where can we get a demonstration image that
    has been locked by your software? Of course, you'll be more than
    willing to give us such an image, since we wouldn't be able to edit it
    anyway.

    Koekje
    Koekje, May 14, 2007
  6. iman gowhari

    Guest

    On May 14, 8:59 pm, iman gowhari <> wrote:
    > I send it to Richard Polhill for free (give me your address please).
    > But I write this message here to find a price for it.
    > Thanks

    I'll wait till I see Richard's review.

    Bye.
    , May 14, 2007
  7. iman gowhari

    iman gowhari Guest

    All right
    I need an address to send a cd-rom.
    My internet line is too low speed. I can't upload about 70MB
    iman gowhari, May 14, 2007
  8. iman gowhari wrote:
    > I send it to Richard Polhill for free (give me your address please).
    > But I write this message here to find a price for it.
    > Thanks

    I'd love to see it, but I'm not giving you an email address if you can't work
    it out.

    Why not put it on the web somewhere?
    Richard Polhill, May 14, 2007
  9. iman gowhari

    Rob Morley Guest

    In article <>, iman
    gowhari
    says...
    > Hi
    > I have a software that can lock an image or a series of images.
    > You can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He
    > could see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos.

    I don't believe you - anything that can be displayed can be captured
    from the display hardware. You might make it inconvenient for someone
    to copy images, but you can't stop it. The obvious way to do this is to
    use encrypted images along with a viewer with built-in decryption, so
    the images can't be used without the decryption key and algorithm. But
    in order to display the images they must be decrypted and copied to
    memory, where thay can be grabbed.
    Rob Morley, May 14, 2007
  10. iman gowhari

    iman gowhari Guest

    On May 14, 2:31 pm, Rob Morley <> wrote:
    > I don't believe you - anything that can be displayed can be captured
    > from the display hardware. You might make it inconvenient for someone
    > to copy images, but you can't stop it. The obvious way to do this is to
    > use encrypted images along with a viewer with built-in decryption, so
    > the images can't be used without the decryption key and algorithm. But
    > in order to display the images they must be decrypted and copied to
    > memory, where thay can be grabbed.

    It's right but my program could prevent this.
    The only way that I know is using a camera to photograph from monitor,
    I think it hasn't quality.
    OK, I try to put it on the web.
    iman gowhari, May 14, 2007
  11. iman gowhari

    Koekje Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.photography.]
    iman gowhari enlightened us with:
    > It's right but my program could prevent this. The only way that I
    > know is using a camera to photograph from monitor, I think it hasn't
    > quality.

    Well, it's fairly easy to run your program, force it to suspend to
    disk (for instance by hibernating the computer) then read the image
    from the hibernating file.

    Koekje
    Koekje, May 14, 2007
  12. iman gowhari

    iman gowhari Guest

    On May 14, 3:51 pm, Rob Morley <> wrote:
    > I'm guessing from the size (70MB) that it's a bootable CD running a
    > locked-down mini OS, in which case it might be easiest to run it in a
    > hacked virtual machine or emulator.

    Exactly
    But, It check and recognize virtual machines
    iman gowhari, May 14, 2007
  13. iman gowhari

    johan Guest

    "Rob Morley" <> schreef in bericht
    > In article <>, iman
    > gowhari
    > says...
    >> Hi
    >> I have a software that can lock an image or a series of images.
    >> You can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He
    >> could see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos.
    >>

    > I don't believe you - anything that can be displayed can be captured
    > from the display hardware. You might make it inconvenient for someone
    > to copy images, but you can't stop it. The obvious way to do this is to
    > use encrypted images along with a viewer with built-in decryption, so
    > the images can't be used without the decryption key and algorithm. But
    > in order to display the images they must be decrypted and copied to
    > memory, where thay can be grabbed.

    show them in very little size and 72 ppi
    or put a transparent sign ALL OVER the image.

    "I have a software that can lock an image or a series of images.
    You can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He
    could see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos."

    Adope acrobat can do this too !

    Johan
    johan, May 14, 2007
  14. iman gowhari

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 14 May 2007 04:28:07 -0700, iman gowhari <>
    wrote:

    >All right
    >I need an address to send a cd-rom.
    >My internet line is too low speed. I can't upload about 70MB

    70MB?
    For a 2MB image file? (I'm picking 2MB out of the air; supply your own
    image size. 800x600 would only be 500KB)
    It would seem that if your app will do as you say, you could simply
    upload an encrypted image that we can see, but not save in any way.
    Right?
    Flickr would work.

    Paris Hilton sought Wednesday to avoid her
    upcoming stay in the Los Angeles County Jail.
    She has inspired forty groups around the country
    to stage rallies demanding a pardon. Nobody's
    sorrier than Paris Hilton that Bill Clinton
    isn't president anymore.
    Bill Funk, May 14, 2007
  15. iman gowhari

    Fat Sam Guest

    iman gowhari wrote:
    > Hi
    > I have a software that can lock an image or a series of images.
    > You can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He
    > could see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos.
    > It's for sale.

    Impossible.
    How does it prevent me from hitting the "Print Screen" button and pasting
    the resulting image into Photoshop?
    Fat Sam, May 14, 2007

    Try Pictures2exe from http://www.wnsoft.com good product and NO SPAM!!!
    not disclosed, May 14, 2007
  17. Fat Sam wrote:
    []
    > Impossible.
    > How does it prevent me from hitting the "Print Screen" button and
    > pasting the resulting image into Photoshop?

    Software can prevent access to the Print Screen button.

    David
    David J Taylor, May 15, 2007
  18. Fat Sam wrote:
    > iman gowhari wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I have a software that can lock an image or a series of images.
    >> You can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He
    >> could see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos.
    >> It's for sale.

    > Impossible.
    > How does it prevent me from hitting the "Print Screen" button and pasting
    > the resulting image into Photoshop?

    It is suspected that the guy has knocked up a CD with a closed OS on it and a
    built in viewer. I hope he bothers to encrypt the images on it as well.

    But as he seems to be unable to put the thing on a website for review, we'll
    never know.

    Let's just assume that it cannot lock an image file from editing or copying
    such that it can be distributed by email or the web as that is quite patently
    impossible.
    Richard Polhill, May 15, 2007
  19. iman gowhari

    Koekje Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.photography.]
    iman gowhari enlightened us with:
    > On May 14, 3:51 pm, Rob Morley <> wrote:
    >> I'm guessing from the size (70MB) that it's a bootable CD running a
    >> locked-down mini OS, in which case it might be easiest to run it in
    >> a hacked virtual machine or emulator.

    > Exactly

    But that negates your claim:

    "I have a software that can lock an image or a series of images.
    You can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He
    could see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos."

    You can't give the photos to anybody for presentation purposes, since
    your software requires the computer to be able to boot from CD. Most
    of them are technically capable of this, but in many companies it's
    not allowed due to security issues.

    Besides that, who would stop their presentation to a grinding halt and
    start rebooting their machine just to show some images?

    Koekje
    Koekje, May 15, 2007
  20. iman gowhari

    Sachin Garg Guest

    On May 15, 12:41 pm, Richard Polhill
    <> wrote:
    > Fat Sam wrote:
    > > iman gowhari wrote:
    > >> Hi
    > >> I have a software that can lock an image or a series of images.
    > >> You can give your photos to anybody for presentation purposes. He
    > >> could see them but he couldn't save or edit your photos.
    > >> It's for sale.

    > > Impossible.
    > > How does it prevent me from hitting the "Print Screen" button and pasting
    > > the resulting image into Photoshop?

    > It is suspected that the guy has knocked up a CD with a closed OS on it and a
    > built in viewer. I hope he bothers to encrypt the images on it as well.
    >
    > But as he seems to be unable to put the thing on a website for review, we'll
    > never know.
    >
    > Let's just assume that it cannot lock an image file from editing or copying
    > such that it can be distributed by email or the web as that is quite patently
    > impossible.

    I don't think that its 'impossible' (and it doesn't needs to be a
    complete closed OS). That is what the entire DRM thing is all about
    and if it can be done for audio and video, why not for images?

    The printscreen can be 'disabled' by making sure that any such
    captured image (using printscreen or any other tool) is significantly
    lower quality than what was actually visible on screen. And by using
    encryption it can be ensured that no other 'unsafe' viewer can open
    the image.

    I think this should be enough to allow professionals to safely
    distribute better quality images. Or is there something I am missing?
    All this ofcourse assumes that pro-shooters have a desire to be able
    to distribute better quality images more freely :)

    I am not a professional-photographer so I don't really need to do such
    restricted distributions myself, but I guess that those who need to do
    this must be using either large thumbnails or adding visible
    watermarks to their images. Are there other better solutions I am not
    aware of?

    Sachin Garg [India]
    www.sachingarg.com | www.c10n.info
    Sachin Garg, May 17, 2007