A problem has been detected...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Simply Me, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Simply Me

    Simply Me Guest

    Blue screen, white text, following message (in summary):

    A problem ha been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
    damage to your computer.

    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA

    Suggestions: Restart computer, if problems continue, disable or
    remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory
    options such as caching or shadowing.

    Tech Info: ***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBF32E9E4, 0x00000001, 0x805F87F4,
    0x00000002)

    Physical memory was dumped.

    *********************

    What's all this mean? My computer shut itself down with the message
    above. I'm also having virtual memory problems and it's been
    crashing. As far as I know nothing has been installed lately, except
    maybe screensavers. I ran a Trend Micro virus scan, which couldn't be
    updated, and nothing was found. Could it be that my CPU is dying? I
    usually have an external fan blowing on it to keep it cool, but it
    seems to have died.

    TIA

    Simply Me
    Simply Me, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Simply Me

    SwissTony Guest

    "Simply Me" <> wrote in message
    > Blue screen, white text, following message (in summary):
    >
    > A problem ha been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
    > damage to your computer.
    >
    > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA
    >
    > Suggestions: Restart computer, if problems continue, disable or
    > remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory
    > options such as caching or shadowing.
    >
    > Tech Info: ***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBF32E9E4, 0x00000001, 0x805F87F4,
    > 0x00000002)
    >
    > Physical memory was dumped.
    >
    > *********************

    To troubleshoot Stop error 0x00000050

    1. Remove any newly installed hardware (RAM, adapters, hard disks, modems,
    and so on).
    2. Run any system diagnostics supplied by your computer manufacturer,
    especially the memory check.
    3. Verify that any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this
    is a new installation, contact your hardware or software manufacturer for
    any Windows 2000 updates or drivers you might need.
    4. If the computer is formatted with NTFS, restart your computer, and then
    run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. If you cannot start the system due
    to the error, use the Command Console and run Chkdsk /r.
    5. Disable or uninstall any antivirus programs.
    6. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

    taken form the site :
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...nol/windows2000pro/proddocs/progs/pgsappb.asp

    or u can also check these links:

    http://www.osr.com/ddk/ddtools/bccodes_4qsn.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gettingstarted/guide/troubleshoot.asp#TSE
    http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cach...FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA startup&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    http://www.apcmag.com/apc/v3.nsf/0/90E6832CB3CD07EACA256D44001A5511

    "The reference to the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) and the STOP error
    messages that are displayed is why I suggested you disable the automatic
    restarts. As cryptic as these messages can be, they do provide a place to
    begin looking for issues impacting shutdown"
    SwissTony, Nov 2, 2004