    We are working on posting new 64 bitdrivers for many of our products in the
    coming months, and any new driversand / or details concerning 64 bit drivers
    will be posted on our website atwww.epson.com once they become available."
    Dennis Pack, May 17, 2005

  2. Yes, it's clear -- nothing there yet. A bit weak on what and when, but at
    least some clarity.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 17, 2005

  3. Dominic Payer, May 17, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa, May 17, 2005
  5. Dennis Pack

    Dennis Guest

    Lets hope that Canon see it and respond favourably as at the moment they
    don't seem to care and are very blasé about if they ever will.
    Dennis

    Dennis, May 17, 2005
  6. Canon told me that:
    "We are always encouraged to see that our "products are still providing
    reliable service within the operating system for which they were originally
    designed.

    While considering the desire to provide the best possible support for
    Canon's current products in a timely manner, Canon must make decisions on
    which products to support when new operating systems are introduced.
    These decisions are generally based on the age of the product and the number
    of product estimated to be still in use."

    Apparently they don't consider their current top of the line desktop
    printer, the iP8500 to be worth supporting right now. I may have to switch
    back to Epson if I can find a way to reduce ink costs. Hopefully Epson will
    have their R800 drivers online with their first wave of x64 drivers.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=, May 18, 2005