A poll on the younster's age...

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John H. Power, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,

    While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    conduct can be done in unanimity.

    I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    have had to deal with in kiddy court.

    Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    expression "the proof is in the pudding".
     
    John H. Power, Jul 21, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. John H. Power

    Pepperoni Guest

    "John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >
    > While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    > work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    > find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    > against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    > constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    > can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    > scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    > conduct can be done in unanimity.




    I suppose you mean "Anonymity". When you start a new thread and don't quote
    the punk, you make it so. We have no idea which punk you're talking about.
     
    Pepperoni, Jul 21, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. John H. Power

    Wizard Guest

    Nor does anyone give a shit!

    Pepperoni wrote:
    >
    > "John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    > >
    > > While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    > > work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    > > find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    > > against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    > > constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    > > can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    > > scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    > > conduct can be done in unanimity.

    >
    > I suppose you mean "Anonymity". When you start a new thread and don't quote
    > the punk, you make it so. We have no idea which punk you're talking about.
     
    Wizard, Jul 21, 2004
    #3
  4. John H. Power

    Pepperoni Guest

    At least we know now who he was in such a snit about, eh?


    "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Nor does anyone give a shit!
    >
    > Pepperoni wrote:
    > > I suppose you mean "Anonymity". When you start a new thread and don't

    quote
    > > the punk, you make it so. We have no idea which punk you're talking

    about.
     
    Pepperoni, Jul 21, 2004
    #4
  5. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:10:07 -0400, "Pepperoni" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >>
    >> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    >> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    >> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    >> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    >> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    >> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    >> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    >> conduct can be done in unanimity.

    >
    >
    >
    >I suppose you mean "Anonymity". When you start a new thread and don't quote
    >the punk, you make it so. We have no idea which punk you're talking about.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

    u·na·nim·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yn-nm-t)
    n.
    The condition of being unanimous.

    I stand corrected. I was anticipating the consensus opinion on the
    youngster among thinking adults...
     
    John H. Power, Jul 21, 2004
    #5
  6. John H. Power wrote:
    > I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >
    > While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    > work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    > find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    > against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    > constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    > can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    > scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    > conduct can be done in unanimity.
    >
    > I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    > participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    > unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    > if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    > consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    > have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    >
    > Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    > The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    > expression "the proof is in the pudding".


    One thing I disagree with is your statement that juveniles 'consistently
    exhibit characteristics we find in this young boy'. I think you've made
    a mistake of reverse logic.

    Your statement says that all (or most) juveniles exhibit these
    characteristics-which I've found to be untrue. What I *believe* you
    meant to say was that all (or most) of those who exhibit these
    characteristics are juveniles-which I've found to be true.

    So I definitely agree with that you meant to say, but in this one
    particular I have to disagree with what you actually did say.

    Sorry 'bout that.
     
    Calvin Crumrine, Jul 21, 2004
    #6
  7. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:57:18 -0800, Calvin Crumrine
    <> wrote:

    >John H. Power wrote:
    >> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >>
    >> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    >> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    >> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    >> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    >> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    >> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    >> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    >> conduct can be done in unanimity.
    >>
    >> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    >> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    >> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    >> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    >> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    >> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    >>
    >> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    >> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    >> expression "the proof is in the pudding".

    >
    >One thing I disagree with is your statement that juveniles 'consistently
    >exhibit characteristics we find in this young boy'. I think you've made
    >a mistake of reverse logic.
    >
    >Your statement says that all (or most) juveniles exhibit these
    >characteristics-which I've found to be untrue. What I *believe* you
    >meant to say was that all (or most) of those who exhibit these
    >characteristics are juveniles-which I've found to be true.
    >
    >So I definitely agree with that you meant to say, but in this one
    >particular I have to disagree with what you actually did say.
    >
    >Sorry 'bout that.


    Just the juveniles I deal with in kiddy court Calvin, not all
    juveniles. And if this youngster has not been there yet I suspect he
    will eventually make an appearance.
     
    John H. Power, Jul 21, 2004
    #7
  8. John H. Power

    Michael-NC Guest

    He's no youngster.

    "John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >
    > While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    > work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    > find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    > against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    > constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    > can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    > scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    > conduct can be done in unanimity.
    >
    > I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    > participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    > unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    > if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    > consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    > have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    >
    > Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    > The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    > expression "the proof is in the pudding".
     
    Michael-NC, Jul 21, 2004
    #8
  9. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:40:52 GMT, "Michael-NC"
    <> wrote:

    >He's no youngster.
    >
    >"John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >>
    >> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    >> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    >> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    >> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    >> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    >> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    >> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    >> conduct can be done in unanimity.
    >>
    >> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    >> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    >> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    >> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    >> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    >> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    >>
    >> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    >> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    >> expression "the proof is in the pudding".


    Yes, I think he is. Perhaps not chronologically, although I would need
    to see proof first hand of that fact (not that I would really want to)
    but clearly emotionally. Perhaps 19...
     
    John H. Power, Jul 21, 2004
    #9
  10. Teens are rebellious because adults disrespect them and treat them in
    ways they'd never dream of treating fellow adults.
    John H. Power <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >
    > While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    > work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    > find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    > against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    > constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    > can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    > scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    > conduct can be done in unanimity.
    >
    > I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    > participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    > unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    > if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    > consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    > have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    >
    > Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    > The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    > expression "the proof is in the pudding".
     
    stealthbomber777, Jul 22, 2004
    #10
  11. John H. Power

    John Guest


    >Just the juveniles I deal with in kiddy court Calvin, not all
    >juveniles. And if this youngster has not been there yet I suspect he
    >will eventually make an appearance.


    If he's an American kid, he is probably still looking in his
    <sarcasm>"American"</sarcasm> dictionary to find out what the word
    "wanker" means, which I used in a reply to him a few days ago. :)

    By the way, my sister is going through a separation at the moment and
    her ex-boyfriend who is double the age you're guessing for this kid is
    being just as juvenile. I wouldn't mind you "dealing" with him in the
    courtroom for me especially if it's a US "Judge Judy" style one, where
    the rulings seem to be a lot fairer, and, more just than they are in
    the UK.

    John
     
    John, Jul 22, 2004
    #11
  12. On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:47:00 +0100, John <> wrote:

    >
    >>Just the juveniles I deal with in kiddy court Calvin, not all
    >>juveniles. And if this youngster has not been there yet I suspect he
    >>will eventually make an appearance.

    >
    >If he's an American kid, he is probably still looking in his
    ><sarcasm>"American"</sarcasm> dictionary to find out what the word
    >"wanker" means, which I used in a reply to him a few days ago. :)
    >
    >By the way, my sister is going through a separation at the moment and
    >her ex-boyfriend who is double the age you're guessing for this kid is
    >being just as juvenile. I wouldn't mind you "dealing" with him in the
    >courtroom for me especially if it's a US "Judge Judy" style one, where
    >the rulings seem to be a lot fairer, and, more just than they are in
    >the UK.
    >
    >John
    >

    Unfortunately John I represent the little bastards! I get paid to try
    and convince the judge that twerps like "the youngster" really ain't
    that bad....What we do for money. Nonetheless, I'll call a spade a
    spade in a forum like this. These children (or child-like adults),
    have really had an adverse impact on NG culture. In the old days
    there was much more camaraderie (sp), concern and support for the
    various participants. Now it seems like half the participants are
    intellectual morons like "the child" we are discussing in this thread.
    But we are stuck with them and there is always the kill filter. Its
    just that I find some so entertaining and easily manipulated that I
    have a hard time convincing myself to dispose of them....You would
    think they would read things like this and feel stupid, but they are
    too stupid to even feel stupid.
     
    John H. Power, Jul 22, 2004
    #12
  13. On 21 Jul 2004 16:41:50 -0700, (stealthbomber777)
    wrote:

    >Teens are rebellious because adults disrespect them and treat them in
    >ways they'd never dream of treating fellow adults.


    There is certainly merit to this position although at times teens
    misinterpret the intentions, observation and commentary of those who
    are much more experienced than they are. I know in retrospect I did.


    >John H. Power <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >>
    >> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    >> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    >> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    >> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    >> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    >> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    >> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    >> conduct can be done in unanimity.
    >>
    >> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    >> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    >> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    >> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    >> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    >> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    >>
    >> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    >> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    >> expression "the proof is in the pudding".
     
    John H. Power, Jul 22, 2004
    #13
  14. John H. Power

    Drifter Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:35:01 -0400, John H. Power
    <> wrote:

    >Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    >The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    >expression "the proof is in the pudding".


    Just as an FYI, the actual phrase is "the proof of the pudding is in
    the eating".


    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
     
    Drifter, Jul 22, 2004
    #14
  15. John H. Power

    Michael-NC Guest

    "John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:40:52 GMT, "Michael-NC"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >He's no youngster.
    > >
    > >"John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    > >news:...
    > >> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    > >>
    > >> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    > >> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    > >> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    > >> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    > >> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    > >> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    > >> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    > >> conduct can be done in unanimity.
    > >>
    > >> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    > >> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    > >> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    > >> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    > >> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    > >> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    > >>
    > >> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    > >> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    > >> expression "the proof is in the pudding".

    >
    > Yes, I think he is. Perhaps not chronologically, although I would need
    > to see proof first hand of that fact (not that I would really want to)
    > but clearly emotionally. Perhaps 19...


    One thing for sure, you're not going to change him. This guy has been at it
    a long time and has kept a steady, even torrid pace, posting in his own
    inimitable style. He can't and won't stop doing what he loves to do. By now,
    he needs it, it's who he is. When I used to read his posts a couple years
    ago, it seemed he'd come up with some good solutions in-between the
    onslaughts but I don't see that now. Who invited him here?
     
    Michael-NC, Jul 22, 2004
    #15
  16. John H. Power

    Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:35:01 -0400, John H. Power
    <> wrote:

    >I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >
    >While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    >work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    >find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    >against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    >constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    >can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    >scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    >conduct can be done in unanimity.
    >
    >I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    >participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    >unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    >if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    >consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    >have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    >
    >Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    >The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    >expression "the proof is in the pudding".


    What the **** does this have to do with computers?

    Yer as big a fuckwit as he is. Yer worser...if you really ARE an
    adult!!



    Have a nice week...

    Trent©

    NUDITY...birth control for folks over 50!
     
    Trent©, Jul 22, 2004
    #16
  17. John H. Power wrote:

    > Unfortunately John I represent the little bastards! I get paid to try
    > and convince the judge that twerps like "the youngster" really ain't
    > that bad....What we do for money. Nonetheless, I'll call a spade a
    > spade in a forum like this. These children (or child-like adults),
    > have really had an adverse impact on NG culture. In the old days
    > there was much more camaraderie (sp), concern and support for the
    > various participants. Now it seems like half the participants are
    > intellectual morons like "the child" we are discussing in this thread.
    > But we are stuck with them and there is always the kill filter. Its
    > just that I find some so entertaining and easily manipulated that I
    > have a hard time convincing myself to dispose of them....You would
    > think they would read things like this and feel stupid, but they are
    > too stupid to even feel stupid.


    Now that is just dripping with excessively deep delusion. You're fucking
    mad. You're insane.
     
    John H. Power, the straining, tying lecher, Jul 22, 2004
    #17
  18. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:29:26 -0400, Drifter <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:35:01 -0400, John H. Power
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    >>The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    >>expression "the proof is in the pudding".

    >
    >Just as an FYI, the actual phrase is "the proof of the pudding is in
    >the eating".
    >
    >
    >Drifter
    >"I've been here, I've been there..."


    Thanks. Never knew that. Reminds me of the oft misquoted Gertrude
    Stein line "A Rose is a rose is a rose" Few people know the line is
    really "A Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose" But we get the point
    either way.
     
    John H. Power, Jul 22, 2004
    #18
  19. On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:31:51 GMT, "Michael-NC"
    <> wrote:

    >
    >"John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:40:52 GMT, "Michael-NC"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >He's no youngster.
    >> >
    >> >"John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    >> >news:...
    >> >> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    >> >>
    >> >> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    >> >> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    >> >> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    >> >> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    >> >> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    >> >> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    >> >> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    >> >> conduct can be done in unanimity.
    >> >>
    >> >> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    >> >> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    >> >> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    >> >> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    >> >> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    >> >> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    >> >>
    >> >> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    >> >> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    >> >> expression "the proof is in the pudding".

    >>
    >> Yes, I think he is. Perhaps not chronologically, although I would need
    >> to see proof first hand of that fact (not that I would really want to)
    >> but clearly emotionally. Perhaps 19...

    >
    >One thing for sure, you're not going to change him. This guy has been at it
    >a long time and has kept a steady, even torrid pace, posting in his own
    >inimitable style. He can't and won't stop doing what he loves to do. By now,
    >he needs it, it's who he is. When I used to read his posts a couple years
    >ago, it seemed he'd come up with some good solutions in-between the
    >onslaughts but I don't see that now. Who invited him here?
    >


    But it is an interesting study in psychology. Right now he is reading
    our comments and is confused as to how to react. He knows, vaguely
    perhaps, that he is being controlled by our dialogue but he is not
    sure how to react because he doesn't want to do out bidding. And he
    is currently uncertain as to whether our bidding is to make him act in
    the positive or in the negative. You can tell by his posts.

    I am just wondering if he creates his own support contingent by
    posting the same string of insults (insults to him but nothing to us
    of course) under different names or if he really has a fan club. Of
    course we will never know because these types are afraid to reveal
    their true identities.

    In any event I think the profile is clear. He is powerless and easily
    dominated in real life but he can be a big tough guy in a NG because
    there is no fear or danger of reprisal. Weak in reality and tough in
    surreality.
     
    John H. Power, Jul 22, 2004
    #19
  20. John H. Power

    Wizard Guest

    This drivel has what to do with computers?

    "John H. Power" wrote:
    >
    > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:31:51 GMT, "Michael-NC"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    > >news:...
    > >> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:40:52 GMT, "Michael-NC"
    > >> <> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >He's no youngster.
    > >> >
    > >> >"John H. Power" <> wrote in message
    > >> >news:...
    > >> >> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
    > >> >>
    > >> >> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
    > >> >> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
    > >> >> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
    > >> >> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
    > >> >> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
    > >> >> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
    > >> >> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
    > >> >> conduct can be done in unanimity.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
    > >> >> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
    > >> >> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
    > >> >> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
    > >> >> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
    > >> >> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
    > >> >> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
    > >> >> expression "the proof is in the pudding".
    > >>
    > >> Yes, I think he is. Perhaps not chronologically, although I would need
    > >> to see proof first hand of that fact (not that I would really want to)
    > >> but clearly emotionally. Perhaps 19...

    > >
    > >One thing for sure, you're not going to change him. This guy has been at it
    > >a long time and has kept a steady, even torrid pace, posting in his own
    > >inimitable style. He can't and won't stop doing what he loves to do. By now,
    > >he needs it, it's who he is. When I used to read his posts a couple years
    > >ago, it seemed he'd come up with some good solutions in-between the
    > >onslaughts but I don't see that now. Who invited him here?
    > >

    >
    > But it is an interesting study in psychology. Right now he is reading
    > our comments and is confused as to how to react. He knows, vaguely
    > perhaps, that he is being controlled by our dialogue but he is not
    > sure how to react because he doesn't want to do out bidding. And he
    > is currently uncertain as to whether our bidding is to make him act in
    > the positive or in the negative. You can tell by his posts.
    >
    > I am just wondering if he creates his own support contingent by
    > posting the same string of insults (insults to him but nothing to us
    > of course) under different names or if he really has a fan club. Of
    > course we will never know because these types are afraid to reveal
    > their true identities.
    >
    > In any event I think the profile is clear. He is powerless and easily
    > dominated in real life but he can be a big tough guy in a NG because
    > there is no fear or danger of reprisal. Weak in reality and tough in
    > surreality.
     
    Wizard, Jul 22, 2004
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIFcu?=

    Wireless network and Age of Empires Expansion multiplayer

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIFcu?=, Apr 5, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    4,718
    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIFcu?=
    Apr 5, 2005
  2. pkwijibo

    oid for arp age

    pkwijibo, Mar 24, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    509
    pkwijibo
    Mar 24, 2005
  3. josh
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,647
  4. Not Known

    Pass %age required

    Not Known, Nov 17, 2004, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    34
    Views:
    1,099
  5. Dax
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    832
    Juan Pérez
    Jul 24, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page