    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Lizzie

    Lizzieb, Mar 16, 2005

  2. Lizzieb

    «BONEHEAD>> Guest

    "Lizzieb" <> wrote in message
    news:d19pc3$epu$...
    > Just passed the A+ and was wondering if there were any other courses that
    > would help me do my job? This is being a self-employed computer
    > repair/upgrade technician working on home PCs in my local town.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lizzie

    You could try the N+ before they upgrade to the harder objectives in late
    April.
    Or check out getting MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional). (One test)
    Wouldn't be a bad thing to have on your shingle.

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «BONEHEAD>>, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Lizzieb

    Danny Kile Guest

    Lizzieb wrote:

    > Just passed the A+ and was wondering if there were any other courses that
    > would help me do my job? This is being a self-employed computer
    > repair/upgrade technician working on home PCs in my local town.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lizzie

    Network+ is the next best choice.

    --
    Danny Kile
    Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+

    Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
    Your cooperation is appreciated.

    Danny Kile, Mar 17, 2005
  4. On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:19:06 -0500, Danny Kile
    <> wrote:

    >Network+ is the next best choice.
    >
    >--
    >Danny Kile
    >Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+

    I agree with Danny that Network+ is a good follow-up to A+. You can
    check out alt.certification.network-plus for Network+ discussions
    similar to what you've found here.

    If you're thinking about MCP, look into exam 70-270, which covers
    Windows XP.

    Best of luck, and congrats on passing your A+!

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com

    Cindy Clayton, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Lizzieb

    Lizzieb Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions I am on to it. Also thanks to Mike Meyers who
    said book that A+ exam now and do both on the same day. Good advice and it
    saved me a lot of travelling.

    Lizzieb

    Lizzieb, Mar 17, 2005
  6. I definitely recommended Network+. This is a great one!
    It will teach you skills that you can use for SOHO's and get you by for any
    networking issues.
    I use Network+ knowledge more than A+.

    William Ducklow, Mar 17, 2005
  7. Lizzieb

    Nocturnal Guest

    Definately shoot for the Network+ before CompTIA releases the 2005
    objectives which will add a tad bit more pressure on you actually knowing
    your stuff.

    Nocturnal, Mar 18, 2005