    Can someone tell me the percentage required to pass the new 2003 exams for
    A+ Hardware and OSs?

    Thanks
    sAxMAn, Mar 6, 2004

  2. sAxMAn

    jeff Guest

    I haven't seen anyone able to answer this. Most who have taken the
    test, and I did a month ago, seem pretty convinced you can't convert
    the 900 score to percentages. I would agree with that.
    Supposedly you get 100 for showing up. In that case 500(almost
    passing) would equal 50%. I think most would agree that this is not
    the case. What is the case I have no clue and the people who provide
    A+ don't seem to eager to share exactly how the test is graded.
    jeff, Mar 7, 2004

  3. sAxMAn

    sAxMAn Guest

    "jeff" <> wrote in message
    > I haven't seen anyone able to answer this. Most who have taken the
    > test, and I did a month ago, seem pretty convinced you can't convert
    > the 900 score to percentages. I would agree with that.
    > Supposedly you get 100 for showing up. In that case 500(almost
    > passing) would equal 50%. I think most would agree that this is not
    > the case. What is the case I have no clue and the people who provide
    > A+ don't seem to eager to share exactly how the test is graded.

    Thanks for this Jeff. I can't get to the bottom of it either. Still I've
    been scoring between 65 and 80 per cent on the mock tests I've downloaded so
    I hope that would convert to a pass mark. Would be a pretty stiff test
    otherwise.
    sAxMAn, Mar 7, 2004
  4. sAxMAn

    DrJones Guest

    Based on my experience, the consensus is that you should be scoring
    well over 80% on practice tests. I think you are treading on dangerous
    ground to think you can walk into an A+ exam having only achieved
    65-80% on practice tests.

    As for the tests themselves, from what I've seen, there is no
    percentage to achieve or surpass. I believe the Hardware exam requires
    a final "mark" of 515 or higher and I forget what the OS mark was
    (pretty close to the same I think).

    I had one person suggest to me that the test "marks" might represent
    percentiles but don't really know.

    - DrJones

    DrJones, Mar 7, 2004