    tech guy wasn't familiar with the old address and as far as he's concerned
    it was and remains 203.96.152.4. I hate days like that.

    Tony.

    Tony Neville, Sep 22, 2006

  2. "Tony Neville" <> wrote in message
    news:45136f59$...
    > So I found myself without Internet access before leaving for work this
    > morning and after work I still had none. Paradise technical assistance
    > asked me to ping the DNS address: 203.96.152.4. What?! 203? I've been
    > using 202.96.152.4 for four years, and was never told of any other. The
    > tech guy wasn't familiar with the old address and as far as he's concerned
    > it was and remains 203.96.152.4. I hate days like that.

    Umm.. 202.96.152.4 belongs to some company in China.. I think you must of
    mistyped/misread it in he past and now 202.96.152.4 doesn't work then your
    blaming Paradise :)

    I also presume you had a secondary DNS Server set as well??

    Thanks
    Craig

    Craig Whitmore, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Tony Neville

    Stu Fleming Guest

    "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote in message
    > "Tony Neville" <> wrote in message
    >> So I found myself without Internet access before leaving for work this
    >> morning and after work I still had none. Paradise technical assistance
    >> asked me to ping the DNS address: 203.96.152.4. What?! 203? I've been
    >> using 202.96.152.4 for four years, and was never told of any other. The
    >> tech guy wasn't familiar with the old address and as far as he's
    >> concerned it was and remains 203.96.152.4. I hate days like that.

    > Umm.. 202.96.152.4 belongs to some company in China.. I think you must
    > of mistyped/misread it in he past and now 202.96.152.4 doesn't work then
    > your blaming Paradise :)
    >
    > I also presume you had a secondary DNS Server set as well??

    I wonder if the guy who was going on about running his own DNS server to
    speed things up had the same misconfiguration issue...

    Stu Fleming, Sep 22, 2006
  4. "Tony Neville" <> wrote in message
    > So I found myself without Internet access before leaving for work this
    > morning and after work I still had none. Paradise technical assistance
    > asked me to ping the DNS address: 203.96.152.4. What?! 203? I've been
    > using 202.96.152.4 for four years, and was never told of any other. The
    > tech guy wasn't familiar with the old address and as far as he's concerned
    > it was and remains 203.96.152.4. I hate days like that.
    >
    > Tony.

    203 for me. And I have TelstraClear, Saturn, Chello... Gosh this thing
    changed names a lot.

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Sep 22, 2006
  5. Tony Neville

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Stu Fleming" <> wrote in news:45137a21
    @news2.actrix.gen.nz:

    > I wonder if the guy who was going on about running his own DNS server to
    > speed things up had the same misconfiguration issue...

    Maybe

    http://ntcanuck.com/

    TreeWalk DNS is a Domain Name Server program which fetches and converts Web
    Site human-readable names into the numbered addresses your computer needs
    so that your browser, email, instant messenger, and FTP programs can surf
    the Web. For Microsoft Windows® XP/2000/.NET and 2003 workstations or
    servers. If you wish to use it as a Mail Server or Web Server DNS
    application, please contact for important details.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Sep 22, 2006
  6. Tony Neville

    Tony Neville Guest

    > "Tony Neville" <> wrote in message
    >> So I found myself without Internet access before leaving for work this
    >> morning and after work I still had none. Paradise technical assistance
    >> asked me to ping the DNS address: 203.96.152.4. What?! 203? I've been
    >> using 202.96.152.4 for four years, and was never told of any other. The
    >> tech guy wasn't familiar with the old address and as far as he's
    >> concerned it was and remains 203.96.152.4. I hate days like that.

    > Umm.. 202.96.152.4 belongs to some company in China.. I think you must
    > of mistyped/misread it in he past and now 202.96.152.4 doesn't work then
    > your blaming Paradise :)

    So.... My notes say 203, too, which means I've had ~the~ most acute brain
    fart in all my life. I was absolutely sure it was 202, you know.

    After losing net access I didn't take note of the DNS values before trying
    the cable modem on a different ethernet connection, and when that plan
    failed, when back to the original connection but plugged in the wrong DNS
    values.

    Tony.

    Tony Neville, Sep 22, 2006
  7. Tony Neville

    Earl Grey Guest

    Tony Neville wrote:
    > So I found myself without Internet access before leaving for work this
    > morning and after work I still had none. Paradise technical assistance
    > asked me to ping the DNS address: 203.96.152.4. What?! 203? I've been
    > using 202.96.152.4 for four years, and was never told of any other. The
    > tech guy wasn't familiar with the old address and as far as he's concerned
    > it was and remains 203.96.152.4. I hate days like that.
    >
    > Tony.

    Its always been 203.96.152.4 and 203.96.152.12

    Earl Grey, Sep 22, 2006
  8. Tony Neville

    steve Guest

    Tony Neville wrote:
    > So I found myself without Internet access before leaving for work this
    > morning and after work I still had none. Paradise technical assistance
    > asked me to ping the DNS address: 203.96.152.4. What?! 203? I've been
    > using 202.96.152.4 for four years, and was never told of any other. The
    > tech guy wasn't familiar with the old address and as far as he's concerned
    > it was and remains 203.96.152.4. I hate days like that.
    >
    > Tony.

    It's been 203.96.152.4 since at least 1999 when I got a paradise.net
    cable modem from (then) Saturn.

    steve, Sep 22, 2006