    happens and the computer goes black. Is the BIOS bad or would that indicate
    a bad HD.

    Any Ideas ?

    John D, Aug 10, 2004

  2. John D

    Ron Martell Guest

    "John D" <> wrote:

    >At work we have a Gateway All in One computer. We went to boot it up this
    >morning and the Gateway logo came up where you could press F2 to get into
    >the BIOS and then the screen goes black. If I try to press F2 nothing
    >happens and the computer goes black. Is the BIOS bad or would that indicate
    >a bad HD.
    >

    >Any Ideas ?

    If it will not go into the BIOS setup at all then that indicates a
    probable failure in the motherboard or CPU. Not good news.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Aug 11, 2004

  3. John D

    John D Guest

    Thanks. That was what I was afraid of.

    John D, Aug 11, 2004
  4. John D

    Atreju Guest

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:23:51 -0400, "John D" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks. That was what I was afraid of.

    SNIP

    Before you give up hope, open the system, unplug the power, and follow
    the manual's instructions to clear the CMOS.

    I've seen this fix more problems than you would care to imagine. This
    could be such a problem.

    Couldn't hurt, right?

    ---Atreju---

    Atreju, Aug 11, 2004
  5. John D

    Winston Guest

    John D wrote:
    > At work we have a Gateway All in One computer. We went to boot it up this
    > morning and the Gateway logo came up where you could press F2 to get into
    > the BIOS and then the screen goes black. If I try to press F2 nothing
    > happens and the computer goes black. Is the BIOS bad or would that indicate
    > a bad HD.
    >

    > Any Ideas ?

    Try F1.

    http://support.gateway.com/support/supinfo/index.asp?pg=2&file=pro_5.html

    --Winston

    Winston, Aug 11, 2004
  6. John D

    John D Guest

    Someone else mentioned that. Thanks. Will try today. Can't hurt.

    John D, Aug 12, 2004