    It happens BUT it is usually behind the taskbar rendering it useless for
    information.

    Is there some setting I haven't learned yet that makes the popup visible?
    Hp, Aug 4, 2011

  2. Hp

    Guest

    Hp <> wrote:

    >PC: xp x64 about 1 year old installation
    >
    >minor nag, for some reason when i hover the mouse pointer over an icon
    >in the taskbar I expect a little popup window with some type of
    >information about that icon.
    >
    >It happens BUT it is usually behind the taskbar rendering it useless for
    >information.
    >
    >Is there some setting I haven't learned yet that makes the popup visible?

    Really and nobody answered this?

    Open your "taskbar and start menu"

    I like to use run commands as saying go here do this will open that, is just
    different for all.

    Open the run command (WinKey+R)

    XP (64)
    Run: rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 1
    <enter>

    Win7
    Run: control /name Microsoft.TaskbarAndStartMenu
    <enter>

    Select auto-hide the taskbar, disable it from being on top of other windows,
    Whatever it takes.

    --
    Lady Gaga - Born this Way with Madonna express yourself mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN1GdLYcFOg