    What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
    currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good
    as well.
    Gob Stopper, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Gob Stopper

    GuessWho Guest

    "Gob Stopper" <> wrote in message
    news:m2b0g.2309$iF3.983@dukeread01...
    >I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on my
    >PC, so they appear to be alright.
    >
    > What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
    > form, and where do I get it?
    >
    > What do I use to edit it all?
    >
    > What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
    > currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good as
    > well.

    A program like Nero or Easy Creator from Roxio have the features you need in
    a single package. There may be better individual programs that someone else
    can help you with. Both Nero and Roxio cost around $100 but there are
    frequent discounts and I think they both have trial versions. Sometimes you
    can find OEM versions of older versions for only a few bucks. See here:
    http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=SearchBody&search=nero

    These will not have all the latest and greatest features but they will
    probably do what you want.

    Wayne
    GuessWho, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Gob Stopper

    Guest

    On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:36:02 -0400, Gob Stopper <>
    wrote:

    >I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on
    >my PC, so they appear to be alright.
    >
    >What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
    >form, and where do I get it?

    Try " DVD Shrink " to get the DVD onto the harddrive.
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    http://www.download-it-free.com/dvdshrink/

    Try "VirtualDub - mpeg2" at http://www.virtualdub.org/index

    >What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
    >currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good
    >as well.

    Try "CDBurnerXP Pro"
    http://www.cdburnerxp.se/
    , Apr 16, 2006
  4. Gob Stopper

    Netmask Guest

    "Gob Stopper" <> wrote in message
    >I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on my
    >PC, so they appear to be alright.
    >
    > What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
    > form, and where do I get it?
    >
    > What do I use to edit it all?
    >
    > What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
    > currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good as
    > well.

    Check out www.videohelp.com a good forum where you will get some useful
    clues..
    Netmask, Apr 16, 2006
  5. Gob Stopper

    Gob Stopper Guest

    Netmask wrote:
    > "Gob Stopper" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on my
    >>PC, so they appear to be alright.
    >>
    >>What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
    >>form, and where do I get it?
    >>
    >>What do I use to edit it all?
    >>
    >>What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
    >>currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good as
    >>well.

    > Check out www.videohelp.com a good forum where you will get some useful
    > clues..

    Thanks, after posting, I did a bunch of searching and downloading,
    incuding time spent at videohelp. I downloaded:

    - SimpleDivX
    - TMPGEnc
    - AutoGordianKnot
    - avi.NET
    - DVD Shrink
    - DVDx
    - XviD

    I don't remember much about the experience, except that I got pretty
    frustrated. I do remember:

    - AutoGordianKnot didn't load properly the first time, then after a
    removal and reload, it seemed better, but still didn't work.
    - avi.NET kept needing more things downloaded and installed
    - DVDx worked quite well, once I waded through all of the choices.

    I now have an MPEG file (from DVDx) that I'll be able to edit next
    weekend when I return from a business trip.

    GS
    Gob Stopper, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Gob Stopper

    Alpha Guest

    DVDs can also be read into Ulead Movie Factory 5.

    Alpha, Apr 17, 2006
  7. Gob Stopper

    Guest

    Don't think that it is too complicated, and actually it is simple.
    The software i used can do it as soon as possible:
    http://www.xilisoft.com/dvd-creator.html

    Gob Stopper 写é“:

    > I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on
    > my PC, so they appear to be alright.
    >
    > What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
    > form, and where do I get it?
    >
    > What do I use to edit it all?
    >
    > What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
    > currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good
    > as well.
    , Apr 19, 2006